The Caribbean & Amazon River
Day 1 - Cayenne, French Guiana
Day 2 - Cayenne, French Guiana
Day 2 - Salvation
Day 3 - At Sea
Day 4 - Belem, Brazil A gateway to the Amazon, the big port at Belem is also known by the name ‘’City of Mango Trees” as so many giant specimens have invaded the town centre. The Para State capital is a seductive town with Baroque-style colonial architecture, colourful markets and pretty cobblestone streets, some leading to the very edge of the jungle. It is impossible not to be won over by the charms of Belem which was once populated by the Tupinambas Indians. Cultural centre of Brazil’s northern region Belem is home to the federal university of Para and the Goeldi Museum which houses invaluable ethnological and zoological collections.
Day 5 - Abacate
Day 6 - Aquiqui
Day 7 - Macapa, Brazil Capital of the State of Amapa, Macapa is strategically located on the Amazon estuary. Founded in the 18th century by the Portuguese to protect access to the Amazon after gold was discovered in the area, the town has retained traces of its wealthy colonial past. The Fort of Sao José erected in 1782 is remarkably well preserved and is one of the finest examples of military architecture from the 17th century in the country. Astride two hemispheres having been built on an imaginary line of the Equator, Macapa is the only place where it is possible to have one foot in the northern hemisphere and one foot in the southern hemisphere!
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Paramaribo, Surinam An outstanding example of Dutch colonial architecture from the 17th and 18th centuries, Paramaribo is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The historic centre has preserved its origins and magnificent buildings intact, bearing witness to an illustrious past. During your visit you will discover numerous testimonies to the colonial era of the Netherlands blending harmoniously with those of the Amerindians.
Day 10 - Paramaribo, Surinam An outstanding example of Dutch colonial architecture from the 17th and 18th centuries, Paramaribo is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The historic centre has preserved its origins and magnificent buildings intact, bearing witness to an illustrious past. During your visit you will discover numerous testimonies to the colonial era of the Netherlands blending harmoniously with those of the Amerindians.
Day 11 - At Sea
Day 12 - Port Elizabeth, Bequia Island
Day 13 - Fort de France (Martinique)
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 06 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..