Seas of History
Day 1 - Venice Savor the majestic beauty of this amazing city as you glide along its canals and under its bridges, opulent palazzi and elegant churches lining the route. Discover Venice's secret quarters down narrow alleys opening into spacious campos. Admire the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. Visit lovely Burano and the glass factories on Murano. Or enjoy the scenic countryside with its stunning Palladian villas.
Day 2 - Umbria (Ancona) Travel through the scenic countryside to beautiful Urbino, birthplace of Raphael, and visit the magnificent Palazzo Ducale, designed by Renaissance masters, and see the treasures in the palace's art museum, including significant works by Raphael. Or visit the tiny, independent country of San Marino, nestled in the mountains, and explore it on your own. Shopping: Buy some San Marino pottery, stamps and coins. In Urbino, look for fine artwork, glass, jewelry and hand printed fabric. Dining: Sample tempting dishes topped with black and white truffles, oven-baked rabbit, a veal braciola stuffed with cheese and ham, delicate cheeses and a fine light sparkling wine.
Day 3 - Dubrovnik, Croatia Enjoy a walk through this famous walled medieval city and its exquisite Venetian monuments. See the Franciscan monastery and explore the Rector's palace and the cathedral. Or explore the countryside with a visit to lovely Cavtat, an enchanting seaside resort that began life as a Greek and then Roman colony. Then visit a local family in a Konavle Valley village and enjoy their hospitality over a traditional welcome of brandy and figs with a serenade by local musicians.
Day 4 - Cruising Adriatic & Ionian Seas
Day 5 - Athens (Piraeus) Climb up the magnificent Acropolis and stand in awe of the Parthenon, the beautiful temples and the view over Athens stretched out before you. See city highlights including the new and old Olympic stadiums. Journey to Cape Sounion and the temple to Poseidon overlooking the sea or visit ancient Corinth and the narrow Corinth Canal cut through miles of solid rock. Shopping: Take home beautiful glassware and ceramics, unusual jewelry, embroidered pillow covers and throws, stunning icons and artwork. Dining: Indulge in mezes – plates of tempting appetizers like stuffed grape leaves and taramasalata, a delicious caviar spread, soaked up with pita bread and a cold glass of retsina.
Day 6 - Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey Meander through the ruins of ancient Ephesus and marvel at the famed Library of Celsus, the huge amphitheater, the marble roads with their chariot marks, the amazing mosaic sidewalks and the superb, rarely opened Terrace Houses. Or journey to three monumental cities of antiquity - Priene, Miletus and Didyma - renowned for their majestic temples and impressive, beautifully preserved stadiums.
Day 7 - Istanbul, Turkey Indulge your eyes and senses in this magnificent city astride two continents. Visit beautiful Topkapi Palace, the awesome Hagia Sophia and the impressive Blue Mosque. Cruise the Bosphorus to see the city and its surroundings from another perspective. Visit one of the many museums or stroll through the spice market and the famous Grand Bazaar.
Day 8 - Istanbul, Turkey Indulge your eyes and senses in this magnificent city astride two continents. Visit beautiful Topkapi Palace, the awesome Hagia Sophia and the impressive Blue Mosque. Cruise the Bosphorus to see the city and its surroundings from another perspective. Visit one of the many museums or stroll through the spice market and the famous Grand Bazaar.
Day 9 - Cruising Aegean & Mediterranean Seas
Day 10 - Limassol, Cyprus Limassol is the jumping off point to explore the ancient riches of Cyprus. See ruins, majestic mountains and scenery, stunning beaches, and vast groves of lemons, oranges and olives. Visit Lemesos Castle, where Richard the Lionheart married Berengaria of Navarre, and its fascinating museum. Or stroll through ancient Curium and admire its stunning mosaics, theater, basilica and panoramic views over the sea. Venture inland to Nicosia and its wonders like the Cathedral of St. John, the Venetian fortifications, a restored old town and mosque, and the Cyprus Museum.
Day 11 - Jerusalem (Haifa), Israel Visit the land of miracles - Galilee, the Jordan River, the Mount of the Beautitudes and Tabgha. Venture to Nazareth, home of the young Jesus. See the largest hanging gardens in the world at the Bahai Gardens of Haifa. Or visit the Nahalal Moshav, a commune established in 1921 by Jewish immigrants.
Day 12 - Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel For Christians, Jews and Muslims, Jerusalem is one of the holiest cities on earth, and it is also one of the oldest. Early Bronze Age tools and writings show that Jerusalem has been settled since the 4th millennium B.C. Marvel at the beauty of the Dome of the Rock and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the walled Old City of Jerusalem, as you stroll through winding streets where people have lived for centuries.
Day 13 - Jerusalem (Haifa), Israel Visit the land of miracles - Galilee, the Jordan River, the Mount of the Beautitudes and Tabgha. Venture to Nazareth, home of the young Jesus. See the largest hanging gardens in the world at the Bahai Gardens of Haifa. Or visit the Nahalal Moshav, a commune established in 1921 by Jewish immigrants.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..