From 13/09/2020 to 22/10/2020
Dine on crispy Peking Duck at an authentic Chinese dinner in BeijingVisit the tombs of the Ming Empire in BeiijingWitness one of the wonders of the world: the Great Wall of China (Mutianyu section)Visit a traditional artisan Cloisonné factory in BeijingRide in a RickshawVisit the huddled ancient hutongs (local backstreets) of BeijingVisit the Summer PalaceVisit the TangBo Art Museum in Xi'an, full of traditional, folk, ancient & modern Chinese artefactsSee the ancient Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, depicting the armies of the first Emperor of ChinaCycle along the ancient city walls of Xi'anMeet cute giant pandas in their natural habitat-like setting at the Chengdu Panda Breeding SanctuaryIncluded flight to YangshuoPay your respects at Shanghai's City God Temple complexExplore one of China's traditional arts at the Shanghai Silk museumVisit Shanghai’s Bund areaShanghai Tower.
3-star hotels and an overnight train are the name of the game.
We like to keep it intrepid, but there's no compromise on comfort.
Re-fuel with our hearty breakfasts, luscious lunches and delicious dinners, plus we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best eats in the East.
We'll get 17 of your meals, you get the rest.
Taste it all - spicy street eats, the freshest fruit and delicious gourmet dining.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Beijing Today we join up in the capital city of Beijing and begin rolling in the excitement of having 12-days of Chinese explorations lie ahead of us. Get cozy in our fancy hotel and perhaps do some DIY exploring before we get to know each other - no time like the present to begin getting cultured.
Day 2 - Beijing With another day filled with historical delights and jaw-dropping sites still here in the heart of Beijing, we will start to understand just how much this vast country has to brag about. A trip to the Great Wall, Ming Tombs & a Cloisonné Factory will fill our day, while local delicacies at the Wangfujing Night Markets will colour our night.
Day 3 - Beijing This captivating city will start revealing its depths today as ancient monuments are presented to us up close and personal. We will roam the world’s largest city square, visit the resting place of the founding father of the People's Republic of China, & tour the Forbidden City. The thriving Chinese artistic community of 798 Art Precinct will contrast the historical masterpieces with its modern galleries and trendy vibe.
Day 5 - Xi'an With a tasty Tang Dynasty dumpling dinner & show in our sights for this evening, we’ve got an equally incredible day lined up. A visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Terracotta Army & the TangBo Art Museum, anyone? Oh hell yes. Our Local Guide will show us around the site of the Terracotta Army, discovered in 1974 by local farmers. Excavation projects since have unearthed three pits containing over 8,000 soldiers as well as chariots & horses. Our guide will give us an insider’s look at how the site was discovered, its historical significance & the effort that has gone into restoring the warriors. Back in the city, a Free time add-on dinner awaits. Sixteen dumpling variations is more than our foodie dreams could ever imagine.
Day 9 - Yangshuo With all the city time we've had of late,today's the perfect change to soak up some of mother nature's beauty by roaming the nearby hills. And what better way to do that with a Tai Chi Class in the park? Follow it up with some wandering around Yangshuo.
Day 11 - Shanghai Wakey wakey travellers - it's our first full day in Shanghai and it promises to be an epic one. First up we're heading to Chenghuang Miao (City God Temple) where 3 temples, teahouses, shops and restaurants will keep us entertained. Shanghai's Silk Museum and riverside promenade of Bund are also ours to explore before the chance to spend the final night together reminiscing on your trip while overlooking the Shanghai skyline and indulging in beautifully unique Chinese feast.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 03 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.