Western Europe Quest - London to London
Day 1 - London (Southampton)
Day 2 - Paris (Le Havre) Le Havre is France's second largest seaport and the gateway to Paris. Built in 1517 by Francois I of France, Le Havre was a fishing village but became the site of a fortified harbor and an many new buildings, including the Church of Notre-Dame. Paris, the capital city of France, and all its major attractions can be found just a short distance from the port of Le Havre. A visit to the world-famous Louvre Museum, allows visitors the opportunity to see the magnificent Mona Lisa. Other spectacular attractions include the Champs Élysées, Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe.
Day 3 - Saint-Malo Explore this fascinating fortified town or discover the lovely medieval town of Dinan with its impressive clock tower and picturesque half-timbered houses. Drive along the rugged Brittany coast and savor the stunning view of mystical Mont St. Michel before wandering through its steep, winding streets and the mazelike abbey passages.
Day 4 - Brest Strategically located near the western tip of the Breton peninsula, this naval port has a rich military history. Among its landmarks are the heavily fortified Chateau de Brest and the rotund, 14th-century Tour Tanguy tower. It contains a fascinating museum with dioramas depicting Brest on the eve of World War II. The city's Oceanopolis, one of Europe's largest marine complexes, presents more than 1,000 different species. Brest is also known for its National Botanical Reserve, which focuses on endangered plants rarely found elsewhere.
Day 5 - La Rochelle Known for its white limestone cliffs, La Rochelle features a bustling Vieux Port (Old Harbor) with exceptional shops and restaurants. Three medieval towers once protected the port and are now symbols of the waterfront. The imposing Four Sergeants Tower was formerly a prison, and you can see where the corsairs scrawled graffiti on the walls. The city aquarium holds thousands of species living in re-creations of their natural habitats. You will also appreciate La Rochelle's pedestrian-friendly streets, especially in the city center, which is graced by 17th and 18th century architecture.
Day 6 - Bordeaux Enjoy the city's visual feast of wonderful ornate buildings, broad avenues, marvelous squares and the Cathedral of St. André, where Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII. Stroll through Old Bordeaux. Then visit the area's fabulous vineyards and magnificent châteaux and delight in tasting their superb wines.
Day 7 - Bordeaux Enjoy the city's visual feast of wonderful ornate buildings, broad avenues, marvelous squares and the Cathedral of St. André, where Eleanor of Aquitaine married Louis VII. Stroll through Old Bordeaux. Then visit the area's fabulous vineyards and magnificent châteaux and delight in tasting their superb wines.
Day 8 - San Sebastián de la Gomera
Day 9 - Bilbao Bilbao is a charming city both modern and dynamic while at the same time, with its 700 years of history, it is quite traditional as well. Enjoy a walk around the Old Quarter, the most popular area of the city. Here you will see the Teatro Arriaga; el Arenal, the old stevedoring port and today one of the favorite promenades of the citizens of Bilbao; the San Nicholas Church; and the Cathedral of Santiago along with its cloister, Plaza Nueva. No visit to Bilbao would be complete without a visit to the architecturally stunning Guggenheim Museum, which is in and of itself a work of art.
Day 10 - Cruising the Bay of Biscay & English Channel
Day 11 - London (Southampton)
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..