Golden Grapevines - Los Angeles to Los Angeles
Day 1 - Los Angeles, California Bask on the sun-kissed beaches of Malibu or shop along Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Ride a bike through Griffith Park and visit the observatory, just below the Hollywood sign. Visit the stunning Getty Museum and maybe take in a special concert at the Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry.
Day 2 - Catalina Island, California Catalina, one of California’s Channel Islands, lies southwest of Los Angeles. It's known for its wildlife, dive sites and Mt. Orizaba, its highest peak. The resort town of Two Harbors lies to the north. To the south, in the city of Avalon, palm trees and cabanas line Descanso Beach. Avalon’s circular, art deco Catalina Casino is a cultural center with a movie theater, ballroom and museum.
Day 3 - Ensenada, Mexico Located on the west coast of Baja California, Ensenada is a sportsman’s paradise with popular pursuits including surfing, sport fishing, sea kayaking, horseback riding and mountain biking. If you prefer more leisurely activities, take a scenic coastal drive to the Punta Banda Peninsula to see La Bufadora. This marine geyser that shoots from the sea toward the clifftops is one of the largest blowholes in North America. Back in town, pop into famous Hussong’s Cantina and sip a margarita in the bar where the cocktail was reputedly invented.
Day 4 - San Diego San Diego is living proof that a big city can still feel like a small town. Its Spanish heritage is evident at popular sights like the Junípero Serra Museum, where the first mission was founded, and at Point Loma, which is dominated by a statue of explorer Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo. The breathtaking point is also a great spot to watch for migrating Pacific gray whales. Other noteworthy attractions include the thought-provoking San Diego Museum of Man, the peaceful Botanical Building and Lily Pond, and the signature San Diego Zoo, where rare species such as giant pandas and lowland gorillas are exhibited. Ship buffs will enjoy the maritime museum, where you can board and tour the vessels.
Day 5 - Pacific Ocean Cruising
Day 6 - San Francisco With icons like the orange-colored Golden Gate Bridge, clanging streetcars, rolling fog and impossibly steep hills, scenic San Francisco never fails to capture your heart. While the setting is dramatic, the atmosphere is positively laissez-faire, so feel free to do whatever you wish. Tour notorious Alcatraz. See predators like the sharks that live in the surrounding waters at the Aquarium of the Bay. Observe the bonsai in the Japanese Tea Garden in emerald-green Golden Gate Park. Go up mural-covered Coit Tower atop Telegraph Hill for an amazing view of the city, which looks even more dynamic at night.
Day 7 - San Francisco With icons like the orange-colored Golden Gate Bridge, clanging streetcars, rolling fog and impossibly steep hills, scenic San Francisco never fails to capture your heart. While the setting is dramatic, the atmosphere is positively laissez-faire, so feel free to do whatever you wish. Tour notorious Alcatraz. See predators like the sharks that live in the surrounding waters at the Aquarium of the Bay. Observe the bonsai in the Japanese Tea Garden in emerald-green Golden Gate Park. Go up mural-covered Coit Tower atop Telegraph Hill for an amazing view of the city, which looks even more dynamic at night.
Day 8 - Monterey, United States The rugged cliffs, lush cypress and cerulean waters of the Monterey Peninsula are so stunningly beautiful that one of the area’s most famous attractions is simply a 17-mile drive along the coast. Perched on these scenic shores, the town of Monterey has long inspired artists and authors alike. Recalling the city’s heyday as a sardine canning capital, Ocean View Boulevard was renamed Cannery Row after John Steinbeck’s novel by that name immortalized the street. Now the fishing shacks along the waterfront have been quaintly refurbished into antique shops and restaurants, and one former cannery houses a world-renowned aquarium. You could spend all day picking the best clam chowder on Fisherman’s Wharf, but you should also have a salad. The cold waters of the offshore Blue Grand Canyon, twice the depth of its namesake, create a uniquely temperate climate that harvests the freshest produce in the country, as well as distinctive wines.
Day 9 - Santa Barbara, California Known as The American Riviera, the enchanting town of Santa Barbara is nestled between the picturesque coastline of its southern shores and the verdant Santa Ynez Mountains rising steeply to the north. The warm sunshine of a Mediterranean climate illuminates the red-tiled roofs and adobe façades of the town’s Spanish Colonial architecture, including the grand Old Mission founded by the first Spanish settlers in the 18th century. Santa Barbara may be best enjoyed with a pleasant stroll, be it through Shoreline Park, along Stearns Wharf or down hip State Street. Renowned art and history museums, wine-tasting rooms, seaside cafés and charming boutiques provide endless entertainment in town, while just over the mountains in the fertile Santa Ynez Valley, you can tour several award-winning wineries.
Day 10 - Los Angeles, California Bask on the sun-kissed beaches of Malibu or shop along Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. Ride a bike through Griffith Park and visit the observatory, just below the Hollywood sign. Visit the stunning Getty Museum and maybe take in a special concert at the Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..