Around the Boot - Monte Carlo to Venice
Day 1 - Monte Carlo Drive along the famous Grand Corniche with its stunning views of Monaco and the Old City; then stroll through this marvelous quarter and its pink Grimaldi Palace. And don't forget the Casino. Explore the wonderful old villages along the Côte d'Azur from Nice to medieval Eze or Cannes, Grasse and lovely St. Paul de Vence - each one a jewel to be savored.
Day 2 - Rome, (Civitavecchia) Travel to Rome and revel in the magnificent monuments, from the ancient Roman Forum and Coliseum to the splendor of St. Peter's Basilica with Michelangelo's Pietà and his breathtaking frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Or enjoy a drive through the lush farmlands of the Roman countryside to lovely medieval Castelgandolfo.
Day 3 - Sorrento/Capri, Italy Beautiful Capri, with its stunning panoramas, villages, charming piazzas and the Villa San Michele, makes a nice diversion. Visit the ruins at Pompeii, take a cooking lesson in Sorrento or travel to the frenetic city of Naples and learn to make pizzas as the Neapolitans do.
Day 4 - Taormina (Sicily) Enjoy magnificent panoramic views on the way up to the town, where you can stroll down medieval lanes past stunning palaces. See the famed Greek theater and its fantastic view of Mount Etna. Or take a trip to the volcano itself and get a first-hand look at cones, craters and lava streams from previous eruptions and a fantastic view over the Gulf of Catania. Venture into the countryside and its lovely hill towns, one with a Norman castle built of black lava, and visit beautiful old Catania.
Day 5 - Corfu, Greece Immerse yourself in this island of glorious scenery and beaches, serene monasteries, beautiful palaces, traditional mountain towns and Corfu's lovely old Venetian quarter. Or visit the ornate Achilleion Palace, built by Empress Sissi of Austria and filled with dramatic sculptures of the Greek hero Achilles.
Day 6 - Kotor Kotor is a beautiful walled medieval city of twisting, pink-paved streets, markets and architecture reflecting Byzantine to Venetian influences. Stroll through the compact old town, admire the impressive walls and tour the imposing St. Tryphon Cathedral consecrated in 1166.
Day 7 - Split Sometime around 300 A.D., Roman Emperor Diocletian built his retirement palace on one of the loveliest spots on the Adriatic Sea. Today his palace has become a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the heart of Split, the city that grew up around it. Split is now Croatia's second largest city, and much of it sits on a beautiful peninsula on the island of Ciovo, a jewel on the Dalmatian Coast. Many intriguing relics from the Roman, Greek colonial and Medieval periods can be found in Split's archaeological museum, which was founded in 1820, making it Croatia's oldest museum. One of the top outdoor attractions is the green oasis of Marjan Forest Park with its Split Zoo. There are also plenty of fine beaches nearby.
Day 8 - Venice Savor the majestic beauty of this amazing city as you glide along its canals and under its bridges, opulent palazzi and elegant churches lining the route. Discover Venice's secret quarters down narrow alleys opening into spacious campos. Admire the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. Visit lovely Burano and the glass factories on Murano. Or enjoy the scenic countryside with its stunning Palladian villas.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..