Athens & Three Continents Cruise - Premium, Winter 2020 2021
From 29/10/2020 to 03/01/2021
Included Insight Services.
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
In Athens, your knowledgeable local Insight host will ensure your time in this city is seamless.
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom.
Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
7 nights aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants.
You will enjoy the services of a Cruise Director, while on board, and all port taxes and crew gratuities are included.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily onboard your ship and we provide a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages.
Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port.
Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Athens. Welcome to Athens. Famed for its iconic ruins, delicious cuisine and its fascinating myths, where better to start your cruise? Once you arrive in the Greek capital, you'll be transferred to your beautiful hotel, where you being your Grecian journey in style. Meet your fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink and rest up before your adventure begins tomorrow.
Day 2 - Ancient Athens. Get ready for a fun-filled day exploring the city. Delve into the history of Athens as you discover its iconic sights with a Local Expert. Take in the grandeur of former temple, Parthenon, and ancient citadel Acropolis, which is situated above the city.(Breakfast)
Day 3 - Getting ready to sail. This afternoon, board your home for the majority of the trip, MV Celestyal Crystal. Settle into your stateroom cabin as tonight you set sail for Egypt.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 4 - Sailing to Egypt. Today you continue cruising the Mediterranean as you make your way to Egypt. Make the most of your time relaxing on-board in the cruises spa and lounges. While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served onboard daily. Vegetarian options are available for those who require them. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package featuring a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, and hot beverages.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 5 - Alexandria and Port Said. Today you'll arrive in Alexandria where you have the choice to unwind or venture out and explore Cairo on an included full day experience. Marvel at the remains of the ancient world when you visit the ancient Pyramids of Giza, the mighty Sphinx and National Archaeological Museum. Once the day is complete you'll meet the ship in Port Said before setting sail for Israel.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 6 - On to Ashdod. Enjoy a relaxed start this morning before the cruise sails from Israel to Cyprus. Why not make the most of the time on-shore and join and Optional Experience to Jerusalem or for those looking for some extra activities why not try one of the yoga or dance classes on offer?(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 7 - Adventures on Cyprus. Indulge in another free day relaxing. Enjoy your vessel's facilities, including its comfortable staterooms, elegant restaurants, bars and lounges. A spa and fitness rooms are available for guests looking to pamper themselves, or for those looking to explore, why not head out and see more of what Cyprus has to offer?(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 8 - Myth and Legend of Rhodes. Upon arrival at Rhodes, chosen by the Crusaders as their fortified headquarters, the day is yours to explore at your own pace. Take part in the included guided experience and walk the streets of the old town surrounded by medieval walls and explore the ancient buildings. In the evening, your cruise continues to Kusadasi.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 9 - On to Kusadasi. Arrive in Kusadasi and embark on a half-day tour of Ephesus. This ancient Greek city and UNESCO World Heritage site was founded by the Carian and Lelegs in the 10th century BC and is a must-see during your time here. End the day with a delicious meal onboard your ship.(Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Day 10 - Disembark in Athens. You'll end your trip in Athens where you'll enjoy a final night in your beautiful hotel.(Breakfast)
Day 11 - Depart Athens. It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers. Your trip comes to an end with a transfer to Athens International Airport.(Breakfast) Authentic Dining Cruising: While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served on board daily. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages. Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 7 Lunches (L) and 7 Dinners (D), all with tea or coffee. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package featuring a selection of alcoholic and soft drinks, and hot beverages. Insight Experiences Ephesus: Travel from Kusadasi to reach this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Led by your Local Expert, enjoy your time exploring the famed excavated site of this Greco-Roman treasure. Top Rated Highlights Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you'll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion. Athens: See the Arch of Hadrian, erected in honour of the Roman Emperor and used as a divider between the ancient city and the new Roman district, along with the remaining columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus. Cairo: Admire the remaining Wonders of the Ancient World as you explore through the Pyramids of Giza and the mighty Sphinx. Hear about Egyptian history as you walk through the National Archaeological Museum and learn the art of making papyrus paper out of reeds when you visit a Papyrus Institute. Rhodes: See the classical Acropolis of Lindos and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights in Rhodes.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..