Best of Russia
From 22/07/2020 to 23/09/2020
Locally guided tour of Hermitage (Russia's Vatican art palace)Guided city tour to see the Red Square, Kremlin & see Lenin's Masoleum and St.
Basil's CathedralGuided Tour of the Statue Park.
Prepare to be upgraded to fancy hotel digs every step of the way.
Yes that's right ladies and gents, it's only the finest bed rest for our Best of Russia travellers.
Right amongst the action and with all the mod-cons, that's how we shall roll.
Each morning we'll kick off with a solid breakfast aimed to fuel you up for a day of travelling, then on 3 of the evenings we'll escort you to our favourite local haunts.
When this isn't keeping you busy, we suggest you wash down your something on the rocks with caviar, blini pancakes, & anything dressed in sauerkraut.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive St. Petersburg Our first stop on the Russian map is the imperial city of St. Petersburg. Meet up with your Contiki Squad for an epic time in Russia, your Trip Manager will meet up with you this evening at the hotel before you have a chance to dive in head first to sightseeing and see what St. petersburg has to offer. Built by the Italians, this city is a unique blend of Europe and Russia, unfathomably grand & made pretty by canals - which you can opt to explore tonight for the best view of the city's palaces by night. You'll be pleased to hear we have 2 full days to uncover its enigmatic ways.
Day 2 - St. Petersburg Visit Peterhof Gardens, known as the Versailles of Russia will give you an outdoor lovers fix, including a beautiful gold fountain cascade. Use the rest of the day to take on the city, and tonight, you could choose to go local with folklore show for some sights and sounds of Russia.
Day 3 - St. Petersburg Today is a full dose of history, learn about the Romanov's and its founding by Tsar Peter the Great as well as all the goss on the Tsar's of Russia. See one of the world’s top art collections at the Hermitage gallery; kick it in St. Petersburg’s main street of Nevsky Prospekt; find ways to tap into glitzy new Russia; and enjoy history lessons at the city's incredible list of monuments. And all that exploring could call for a beef stroganoff where it was invented, as well as a vodka or 2 - in the name of culture, of course.
Day 4 - St. Petersburg to Novgorod So long St. Petersburg! Thanks for your hospitable welcome into the world of Russia. You've left us wanting a whole lot more.Now that we've got a taste of Russian city life, it's time to change the pace and step into the quieter town of Novgorod. Suffering two unfortunate eras at the hands of evil dictators, the town is now enjoying its time of slow life and peace. Soak up its new found happiness and explore its epic history - complete with a very large bell.
Day 6 - Moscow Oh good morning Moscow. Diving right in is the way to do it, so we'll start off with a guided city tour of all the sights, including one of the countries most colourful and quirky buildings St Basil's Cathedral.Chance to visit Lenin’s tomb followed by free time to explore more of what Red Square and this city have to offer.
Day 7 - Moscow After the underground, probably the most famous metro in the world is Moscow's. Get up close with our local guide, uncovering the fascinating communist artworks that make it what it is today. The city keeps on giving today, with some free time to roam, before a guided visit to the famous Kremlin Museums, then the option to view the Romanov’s collection of Faberge Eggs, carriages, clothes and jewels at the Armoury.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.