From 17/03/2024 to 24/10/2024
Discover UNESCO world heritage site - Hattusas Ancient Site - known for its well-preserved temples and royal residences.
Explore Turkey's capital of Ankara during a guided orientation walk that will lead you to the Mausoleum of Atatürk, founder, and first president of the Turkish Republic.
You'll dig into local Turkish delicacies like the famous wet burgers, enjoy a local lunch at a traditional Aspava and get your taste buds tingling with a borek tasting.
Be mesmerised by the picturesque streets of Eskişehir and enjoy a gondola ride on the city's Porsuk river.
Wander the continent-straddling metropolis of Istanbul, strutting your stuff with the locals on a popular street, sipping rich coffee and discovering the secret corners of the city.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, CYDD (Çağdaş Yaşamı Destekleme Derneği).
Donations help them provide scholarships and educational programs for economically disadvantaged youth in Turkey.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Hotel (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Bogazkale - Hattusha UNESCO Archaeological Site.
Ankara - Orientation Walk.
Ankara - Mausoleum of Ataturk.
Eskisehir - Odunpazarı Village Visit.
Eskisehir - Ci Borek Cooking Demonstration.
Istanbul - Taksim District Orientation Walk.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Cappadocia Gunaydin! Your trip begins bright and early at 8.30 am with a welcome meeting in Cappadocia. Once the formalities are out of the way, we'll make our way to the UNESCO World Heritage - Hattusa Ancient Site. This site is the former capital of the Hittite Empire, known for its well-preserved temples and royal residences. You'll have time to explore the site with your local leader and discover the Lions' Gate and the Royal Gate, and the ensemble of rock art at Yazilikaya before we make our way to Ankara for the evening.
2 - Ankara After breakfast this morning, you'll enjoy an orientation walk through the city with your locally based leader. First up, we'll visit the Mausoleum of Kemal Atat?rk, founder, and first president of the Turkish Republic. Then we'll visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations where you'll be guided through the deep history of Turkey. Finally, we'll visit the Castle of Ankara and our last stop will be the Haci Bayram Mosque which is located next to the temple of Augustus from Roman era. "Res Gestae Divi Augusti" (The Works of the Deified Augustus) was written on the walls of the Ankara Augustus-Roman Temple in two languages and painted red. You'll enjoy a stop at a traditional local spot for lunch, your leader will guide you in choosing the best delicacies to try. The afternoon is all yours to explore as you wish.
3 - Eskisehir After breakfast this morning, you'll take a fast train to Eskisehir. Drop your bags at the hotel and hit the street to start exploring this fascinating city. First stop - Eskisehir Odunpazari Village, where you can wander the quaint and colourful houses. For lunch, head to a local restaurant run by four sisters and their mother for a cooking demonstration. You'll make ci borek, a traditional Turkish dish made from thin dough layers filled with ground meat, onions, and spices. Learn how to prepare the filling and dough before the chefs cook up and serve your flavoursome creations. In the afternoon, you might like to visit one of the many museums in the area or jump on a short gondola along the Porsuk River.
4 - Istanbul After breakfast this morning, we'll depart on a train bound for Istanbul. This afternoon, your tour leader will introduce you to the lively Taksim district, the beating heart of modern Istanbul. Walk across the Golden Horn in view of the medieval Galata Tower. Board one of the world's oldest funicular railways, operating since 1875, for the short journey 500 metres to Taksim. Alight at Istiklal Caddesi, arguably the city's most popular strolling, shopping and snacking street, and take a walk among the local people who call this city home. Try an islak burger (a burger drenched in sauce) and visit a hidden local coffee house. Maybe stay with your travel companions for an optional celebratory dinner and take advantage of the late-night entertainment.
5 - Istanbul With no activities planned for today, you are free to leave the accommodation any time after breakfast. If you plan to stay on to see all Istanbul has to offer - which is highly recommended - we are happy to book additional accommodation (subject to availability). Please enquire at the time of booking to see if this is an option.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 December 2023 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans