Queensland Daintree Explorer
From 15/03/2024 to 02/04/2024
Experience 180 million years of magic in the world’s oldest rainforest and enjoy access to a secluded private area that’s not open to the general public.
Spot crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforest-rimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, where Europeans tried and failed to tame the coastal wilderness for hundreds of years.
Learn how to spear fish and gather medicine on Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) with Kuku Yalanji guides who are committed to maintaining their ancestral traditions and way of life.
After warm days spent walking deserted beaches and rambling through the rainforest, relax in the comfort of your 4-star resort accommodation.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Resort (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Barron Gorge National Park - Din Din Barron Falls lookout.
Port Douglas - Local Dinner.
Port Douglas - Leader-lead Orientation Walk.
Port Douglas - Trinity Bay lookout.
Kuranda - Kuranda Village Visit.
Daintree National Park - Cape Tribulation Lookout & Beach Walk.
Daintree Rainforest - Nature Walk with Local Guide.
Daintree National Park - Cooper Creek wildlife cruise.
Daintree National Park - Heritage Restaurant lunch.
Mossman Gorge - Guided rainforest walk.
Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) - Kuku Yalanji Cultural Habitat tour.
Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) - Aboriginal Painting Class.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Cairns Welcome to Cairns! Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 11 am. With the formalities out of the way, it's time to hit the road for Port Douglas, with a couple of stops en route to break up the journey. First up is Din Din Barron Falls Lookout that looks over a set of tumbling falls bursting from the rainforest. Spend some time ooh-ing and ah-ing at the lookout, then continue to the town of Kuranda. This little mountain village is the perfect place to grab a quick lunch (not included), before hitting the road again at around 2 pm. Settle back into the vehicle for an approximately 1.5-hour drive along the coast to Port Douglas. Take in views of cliffs covered in distinct native flora on one side and glittering blue ocean on the other, with some photo stops along the way. Arrive at the accommodation and spend a few hours settling in. In the early evening, take an orientation tour around Port Douglas. Stop at Trinity Bay Lookout point to admire the perfect crescent of sand and surf. Then you're in for a real treat - hop aboard a riverboat for a guided cruise among the mangroves in search of wildlife, especially estuarine crocodiles. Finish the cruise with a gorgeous sunset, then head to a local restaurant for drinks and dinner with your fellow travellers before returning to your resort in Port Douglas for the evening.
2 - Daintree National Park Grab breakfast and get ready in time to leave the resort at 8am, jumping on the ferry and crossing the river into the Daintree National Park. Meet up with a local family who live and breathe the rainforest, so much so that they hosted David Attenborough's documentary crew when they were filming in the area. Spend some time learning from them about the forest, then continue exploring with a cruise along Cooper Creek. Your guide will point out crocodiles, birds and other wildlife while you glide through the water. Stop for an included lunch at a heritage restaurant smack-bang in the middle of the forest, then continue to Cape Tribulation. Take in views over the cape from a lookout, then head down to the beach for a walk and to learn about the region's history. Return to the resort for the evening, where you can grab dinner at one of the restaurants within walking distance.
3 - Port Douglas Enjoy a day to explore this tropical paradise at your own pace. There are tonnes of activities on offer today, so be sure to talk to your leader about your options when it comes to snorkelling, reef tours, and nature experiences. Your leader will also be on hand today to provide a transfer to Port Douglas town (and back) at 10 am and 6.30 pm if you want to spend the day shopping or grab dinner. If you'd prefer to move as little as possible, you could always take a day to unwind with spa treatments at the resort or chill by the pool with a book.
4 - Mossman Gorge Grab breakfast before leaving the resort at 8.15 am for a guided walk through the rainforest of Mossman Gorge. Work up an appetite on this gentle 1.5-hour hike, then grab morning tea (not included) before heading to Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) for an educational experience with a member of the local Kuku Yalanji community. Learn to throw a spear, which plants are edible and how Kuku Yalanji people live in harmony with the ever-shifting landscape. Enjoy lunch, then join an Aboriginal painting class in the afternoon. Learn about the significance of traditional and contemporary art and storytelling to First Nations people and leave with a small souvenir. Return to the resort in the early evening and enjoy a few free hours to relax. Grab dinner tonight with your group and toast to the beauty of the country around you.
5 - Port Douglas Enjoy breakfast and time for one last swim before a 10 am departure for Cairns. We will make one drop-off stop at Cairns Airport and then continue back to Cairns where your trip comes to an end at approximately 12pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans