Best of Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg End Amsterdam
From 29/05/2020 to 11/10/2020
4 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Amsterdam (3 Nights) Fall in love with the Lowlands, launching your holiday in the magical city of Amsterdam, whose labyrinthine canals and vibrant squares you will have an opportunity to explore on your own. Later, you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception cruise, including a light meal and welcome drink. Cruise the city's famous waterways admiring the picture-perfect surrounds and gabled fa?ades.
Day 2 - Amsterdam Sightseeing and Free Time Explore Amsterdam's historic city centre this morning and enjoy a Small Group Sightseeing tour of the Rijksmuseum with a 'Local Specialist'. Come face-to-face with such masterpieces as Rembrandt's 'The Night Watch', Van Gogh's self-portrait, and 'The Milkmaid' by Vermeer. Celebrate spring and enjoy an included visit to Keukenhof (subject to season) where you'll stroll through an enchanting wonderland of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths with millions of blooms planted across the 32-hectare site.
Day 3 - The Hague - Delft and Rotterdam Excursion Soak up the gezellig Dutch atmosphere this morning, before heading to Delft via The Hague. We 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to the Royal Delft Pottery workshop and admire the delicate blue and white porcelain that has made this historic town famous. We continue our journey south, arriving in the edgy port city of Rotterdam where we will enjoy an informative orientation tour. Heading back to Amsterdam, consider a leisurely evening in one of the charming pleins lined with cosy caf?s.
Day 4 - Amsterdam - Maastricht - Bastogne - Orval - Luxembourg City (2 Nights) The fortified city of Maastricht, with its beautiful old churches, ancient city walls, and stunning merchant houses, takes centre stage this morning. We spend some time strolling through its town centre before continuing to Bastogne, the site of bloody skirmishes in the World War II Battle of the Bulge. Visit the 12th-century Cistercian Orval Abbey, renowned for being one of the few breweries that produce Trappist beer before journeying to the Duchy of Luxembourg, where tonight we'll dine in our hotel.
Day 5 - Luxembourg City Sightseeing and Free Time This morning, we pay tribute to Allied Forces hero, General George S. Patton, whose final resting place is the Luxembourg American Cemetery and Memorial. Later, we embark on a leisurely walking tour of Luxembourg City with a 'Local Specialist'. Our route takes us past the Cathedral and the Grand Ducal Palace, with its Flemish Renaissance fa?ades, and includes spectacular views of the gorge of the rivers Alzette and Petrusse. Spend the rest of the day at leisure soaking up the quaint atmosphere of this tiny country or indulge in a coffee while you people-watch in the leafy Place d'Armes - the choice is yours.
Day 6 - Luxembourg City - Dinant - Bruges (2 Nights) En route to the enchanting medieval village of Bruges, we stop in Dinant whose famous son, Adolphe Sax, is credited with having invented the saxophone.
Day 7 - Bruges Sightseeing and Free Time Wake up in beautiful Bruges and join a 'Local Specialist' for a walking tour of the town. Take to the water and enjoy a whimsical sightseeing cruise along the city's wonderful canals lined with Gothic fa?ades. 'Dive Into Culture' next and admire the delicate art of Belgian lace. Spend the rest of the day on your own, immersing yourself in the old-world allure of this town. This evening, we 'Connect With Locals', joining Marc Nyssen at his 18th-century Bruges farmstead to learn about Flanders farm life.
Day 8 - Bruges - Ghent - Brussels (2 Nights) Delve into centuries of trade heritage in the port city of Ghent, with its picturesque riverine backdrop. See the medieval city's three famous towers - Saint Nicholas' Church, the Belfry and Saint Bavo's Cathedral - before continuing to Brussels, a multi-cultural melting pot, which you will have an opportunity to explore after your Travel Director shows you the city's highlights. See the Atomium, designed for the 1958 Brussels World's Fair, Mannekin Pis and the exquisite Grand Place with its opulent and ornate guildhalls. This evening, consider sampling mouth-watering Belgian cuisine washed down with the city's best beers.
Day 9 - Brussels Free Day Embrace a full free day to explore the Belgian capital as you wish. Stroll past the Royal Palace and through the leafy lanes of Brussels Park or indulge in tasting delicious chocolate. Your Travel Director will assist you to make the most out of your free day at leisure. This evening we celebrate a memorable sojourn through three fascinating countries during a Farewell Dinner.
Day 10 - Depart Amsterdam We bid Belgium a fond adieu this morning as we prepare to close the curtain on a memorable holiday. Drop-off in Amsterdam will be at the Trafalgar Amsterdam hotel and not at the airport. Arrival will be at approximately 3pm, depending on traffic conditions.. Sightseeing Highlights SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided visit to Amsterdam's famous Rijksmuseum with a group size of no more than 20 guests ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Ghent and Brussels VISIT Royal Delft Pottery, General George Patton's Grave, Orval Abbey and Dinant VIEW The American Memorial at Bastogne SCENIC CRUISE on the canals of Amsterdam and Bruges TICKETS for Keukenhof Tulip Bulb fields are included during the flowering season (end of March until mid-May)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..