Aegean Odyssey Eclectic Moderate A
From 08/10/2020 to 01/11/2020
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Athens (2 Nights) Welcome to a land of myths and legends. Your springboard to an intoxicating holiday in the Aegean is vibrant Athens, which you'll have an opportunity to explore on your own after being transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 - Athens Sightseeing Join a 'Local Specialist' today for a journey into antiquity. Visit the Acropolis to see Athena's Parthenon and admire the march of the Evzone guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Enjoy an afternoon at your leisure.
Day 3 - Athens - Embark 7-Day Cruise Spend most of the day on your own exploring what was once the 'Cradle of Western Civilisation'. See the city's ancient sites before boarding your cruise ship this afternoon for your seven-night cruise through the Aegean.
Day 4 - Istanbul Nothing stands between you and a morning of pure indulgence as you sail across the Aegean bound for Istanbul, the meeting place between East and West. Don't resist the urge to stretch your legs in its historic Sultanahmet district this evening.
Day 5 - Istanbul Embark on an included Bosphorus cruise and visit to the Grand Bazaar, one of the world's oldest and largest covered markets and a wonderland of carpets, lanterns, spices and teas. You'll have the rest of the day on your own to explore the city that Napoleon once called the capital of the world.
Day 6 - ?annakale Cruise through the Dardanelles strait where Asia and Europe meet and brave warriors have fought through the ages. Today's stop is Çannakale, the gateway to the ancient city of Troy and the ancient Aeolian city of Assos. You could choose to join an optional trip to Troy to see its Trojan horse or visit Gallipoli to pay tribute to the brave soldiers who lost their lives in the conflict.
Day 7 - Volos You'll have the day to visit the vibrant university city of Volos which sits in the shadow of Mt Pelion. This is the gateway to the Hanging Monasteries of Meteora, which you'll have an opportunity to explore on an optional excursion today. You could choose instead to spend the day exploring Volos itself, stopping at one of the tsipouradika tavernas on the seafront Argonauts Avenue to sample the local tsipouro (pomace brandy). Return to your ship in time for an evening departure.
Day 8 - Heraklion After a leisurely start to the day, you'll arrive in Heraklion, the capital of Crete. You'll have the afternoon for an included excursion to the Palace of Knossos and delve into the late Bronze Age heritage and insights into the Minoan civilisation, which predates Christ several thousand years.
Day 9 - Santorini - Mykonos Admire the dramatic volcanic landscape of Santorini, an inspiring backdrop for an encounter with laid-back island life. Embark on an included excursion to the stunning clifftop village of Oia, passing pretty villages and vineyards set against the backdrop of Santorini's magnificent caldera. Return to the ship in time for an afternoon sail to Mykonos whose characteristic windmills offer a warm evening welcome.
Day 10 - Mykonos - Athens This morning, disembark in Athens and transfer to your hotel. You'll have the rest of the day to spend as you please. Stroll through the Plaka, people watch in Syntagma Square or go in search of the city's tastiest souvlaki. The choice is yours.
Day 11 - Depart Athens Your eclectic cruise holiday has come to an end. Say farewell to your travelling companions at the end of a memorable holiday. Transfer to the airport for your flight home. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT the Acropolis in Athens, Istanbul, ?annakale, Volos, Heraklion, Santorini, Mykonos VIEW the Parthenon, the Caldera in Santorini and the windmills in Mykonos SEE Hadrian's Arch and the 1896 Olympic Stadium in Athens
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..