From 25/07/2020 to 13/10/2020
CITY TOUR in Alice SpringsVISIT a camel farm, historic Telegraph Station, Royal Flying Doctor Service, Mataranka Thermal SpringsVIEW sunset and sunrise at Uluru, crocodiles and birdlife, Aboriginal rock art, waterfalls in Litchfield National ParkSEE vast cattle properties, Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles)CRUISE on Katherine Gorge, Yellow Water Billabong, Darwin Harbour.
10 breakfasts6 dinners (including Connect with Locals)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
1 - Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at Ayers Rock Resort (flights to arrive prior to 3pm). Together, we journey to the dual World Heritage listed Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, where we'll watch a soul-stirring sunset over Australia's most treasured natural landmark. 'Make a Difference' with your visit which will help support a Join Trafalgar initiative to protect the environment and preserve the traditions of the native Mutitjulu community. Our home for the next two nights is one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories' - the Desert Gardens Hotel.
2 - Witness a soul-stirring Red Centre sunrise over Uluru as you 'Dive into Culture' and embark on a tour around the base of this iconic natural wonder. Connect with your ancient surrounds, taking a self-guided stroll or guided walk to Mutitjulu Waterhole. Your Travel Director will reveal the significance of the well-preserved Aboriginal rock paintings before your journey continues to Kata Tjuta (the Olgas). Toast to another magnificent sunset with a glass of sparkling wine and watch as their characteristic rocky domes change colour in the fading light.
3 - Today's journey takes us to the towering red rock walls of Kings Canyon. But not before a stop at Kings Creek Station, the largest exporter of wild camels in Australia. Hear the story of owners Ian and Lynn Conway and their dedication to Aboriginal children in the region's remote communities. Later, trace the rim of the canyon and connect with the natural beauty of Watarrka National Park or consider a leisurely stroll along the sandy creek bed.
4 - Travel past vast cattle properties today en route to Alice Springs, a journey which provides a perspective of the enormous magnitude of the Australian outback. Visit the historic Telegraph Station. Established in 1872, it was the first communication link between Australia and England. Then, drive to Anzac Hill for panoramic views over 'The Alice'.
5 - After breakfast this morning, 'Dive into Culture' and join a local Aboriginal guide at the Alice Springs Desert Park to gain a deeper understanding of the culture and traditions of the local Arrernte People. Visit the headquarters of the Royal Flying Doctor Service to hear from a 'Local Specialist' how this iconic facility provides emergency medical assistance in the outback. This evening, 'Connect with Locals', joining the Falzon family for a home-cooked Be My Guest barbecue dinner at their Earth Sanctuary World Nature Centre. Here you will gain insights into the sustainable lifestyle the family has created and hear about their passion for ecology, astronomy and culture.
6 - Visit the School of the Air this morning with a 'Local Specialist' and witness a classroom lesson broadcast over 1.3 million square kilometres to children living in remote locations. Travel north, stopping at Karlu Karlu (Devils Marbles), an intriguing outcrop of granite boulders that hold great spiritual significance to the Aboriginal owners of the land. Arrive in Tennant Creek, a former gold-mining town, where we stay tonight.
7 - Journey back in time with a stop at the 1930s Daly Waters Pub, before continuing to Mataranka for a refreshing swim in its crystal-clear thermal springs. Spend the night in Katherine.
8 - Embark on a tranquil cruise along the Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park. Then, venture deep into Kakadu, cruising with a 'Local Specialist' on Yellow Water Billabong, renowned for its diverse species of birdlife, including sea eagles, brolgas and brilliantly hued kingfishers. Watch as the lazy estuarine crocodiles sun themselves on the sandy banks.
9 - Visit Ubirr and admire its superb Aboriginal rock art dating back over 20,000 years, then walk to nearby Nadab Lookout, for scenic views over the surrounding wetlands and escarpments. This afternoon, your choice of sightseeing in Darwin could see you visit the Mindil Beach Sunset Market, where Trafalgar will treat you to dinner, or visit Crocosaurus Cove at your leisure.
10 - Travel to Litchfield National Park today, pausing to examine the park's iconic termite mounds. Continue to Florence Falls, a double-plunge waterfall, then venture to Wangi Falls with some free time to swim in the large waterhole, before returning to Darwin. This evening, set sail on Darwin Harbour with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for Farewell Dinner Cruise.
11 - Say farewell to your fellow travellers as your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast. You'll be transferred to Darwin Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 03 June 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.