Best of Germany with Oberammergau
From 13/05/2020 to 04/10/2020
1 lunch (Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
VIP entry to many sights.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Frankfurt Welcome to Frankfurt - a city renowned for its old-world charm and modern sophistication which you will have a brief opportunity to explore before meeting your Travel Director this afternoon for an orientation of the medieval R?merplatz and dynamic financial district. This evening, enjoy a Welcome Reception with your fellow travellers.
Day 2 - Frankfurt - Rhine Cruise - Cologne - D?sseldorf Resist the alluring calls of Lorelei and board your leisurely cruise along the Rhine. Glide past vineyard-clad hills, stopping to 'Connect With Locals' for a Be My Guest lunch at a 13th-century castle perched high above the river valley. Share stories of knights and feuding lords and ladies over lunch before continuing to Cologne, where we'll view the Gothic spires of its magnificent cathedral during our orientation of the city. Carry on to D?sseldorf where we will dine tonight at our hotel.
Day 3 - D?sseldorf - Hamelin - Hamburg Journey through the lush green landscape of Lower Saxony, stopping in the legendary town of Hamelin, immortalised in the medieval tale of the Pied Piper. We continue to the international trade centre of Hamburg, where we'll join our Travel Director for an orientation tour of the city's iconic sights. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the city's seafaring heritage. Wander along the trendy M?nckebergstrasse, visit one of the city's brewhouses or consider a guided cruise along the city's waterways and discover why Hamburg is called Germany's 'Gateway to the World'.
Day 4 - Hamburg - Berlin Sightseeing (2 Nights) Follow the picturesque Elbe Valley from Hamburg, crossing the former 'Iron Curtain' to the historic city of Berlin, whose once-turbulent history has shaped its rebirth as a charismatic capital city. Join your 'Local Specialist' to explore the iconic landmarks of a unified Berlin. See the neo-Renaissance Reichstag, Tiergarten, Brandenburg Gate and Unter den Linden Boulevard. Enjoy some time at leisure this afternoon to explore the city on your terms.
Day 5 - Berlin Sightseeing and Free Time Ascend the iconic Berlin TV Tower for 360? views of the city and Spree River. You have some free time to see the remnants of the Berlin Wall, visit the infamous Checkpoint Charlie or join an Optional Experience to the District of Potsdam, the former Prussian royal seat, for sightseeing and an unforgettable meal.
Day 6 - Berlin - Dresden A short drive south brings us to Dresden, the 'Florence on the Elbe', where we'll hear about the city's restoration following its devastation during World War II as you admire its beautiful Baroque fa?ades. See the Semper Opera, Zwinger Palace and the fully reconstructed Frauenkirche. Consider delving into the treasures of Dresden, joining an Optional Experience to explore this elegant city.
Day 7 - Dresden - M?dlareuth - Nuremberg Visit the village of M?dlareuth, which inherited the moniker of "Little Berlin" due to its wall separating 'east' and 'west'. Gain insights into a divided Germany at its open-air museum and see a section of the original wall with its security features. This afternoon, arrive in the Bavarian city of Nuremberg, once the unofficial capital of the Holy Roman Empire and today the economic, social and cultural capital of Franconia. During your orientation see the mighty castle ramparts and stand in the Hauptmarkt main square which is dominated by the impressive Frauenkirche, a great example of the Gothic brick-style architecture of the region. Spend the rest of your evening at leisure indulging in grilled N?rnberger and sauerkraut.
Day 8 - Nuremberg - Rothenburg - Oberammergau (2 Nights) Embark on an orientation walk past the half-timbered houses of Rothenburg, perhaps the most well-preserved medieval town in Germany. Shop for wooden Christmas ornaments, before following parts of the Romantic Road through villages and countryside to Oberammergau in the Bavarian Alps. Dine at your hotel tonight.
Day 9 - Oberammergau (Passion Play Performance) Witness a Trip Highlight and display of unwavering faith as you take your premium seat for a poignant afternoon spent watching the Passion Play. The villagers of Oberammergau give thanks to God for sparing them from the ravages of the plague in the 17th century. Their gratitude is reflected in this dramatic depiction of the life and death of Jesus Christ. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before returning to your seat for the captivating second half of this performance as night falls.
Day 10 - Oberammergau - Neuschwanstein - Black Forest From the grace of God to the fairy tale land of King Ludwig II, we journey to Neuschwanstein castle, a hilltop retreat built as an homage to Richard Wagner. Continue through the hills and past lakes as you admire the scenery on your way to the Black Forest.
Day 11 - Black Forest - Heidelberg - Frankfurt Witness the centuries-old craft of cuckoo clock making as you 'Dive Into Culture' . Then view the ruins of Heidelberg Castle, one of the most important Renaissance structures north of the Alps, as well as the Baroque-style Old Town with its bustling market squares and colourful fa?ades. Spend the rest of the afternoon finishing some last-minute shopping before continuing on to Frankfurt. Tonight we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends, reminiscing over the iconic and unexpected highlights of our trip.
Day 12 - Depart Frankfurt After breakfast, we say a fond farewell to Frankfurt after a memorable holiday. Transfers to Frankfurt Airport are available. Conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights ORIENTATION of Frankfurt, Cologne, Hamburg, Dresden, Nuremberg, Rothenburg and Heidelberg VISIT Hamelin, the Berlin TV Tower, M?dlareuth Open Air Museum and Neuschwanstein castle SEE the Lorelei Rock, Cologne Cathedral and Bavarian Alps SCENIC CRUISE along the Rhine River PREMIUM TICKETS for the Passion Play in Oberammergau
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..