Big Five 'n' Falls
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Johannesburg, South Africa to Kruger National Park
Welcome to Africa! Meet your fellow Topdeckers in Joburg and start practising you best rendition of ‘Hakuna Mata’ as we make our way to the world-famous Kruger National Park. Get excited - we’ve got an incredible seven days ahead! We’ll kick the trip off in true safari-style with an included 4X4 game drive this afternoon. Oh hey, Simba! Tonight, toast to an amazing sunset before we gather around the campfire and soak up all those nature vibes. Phew! What an epic start to the trip.
Day 2 - Kruger National Park
Rise and shine adventurers! Dig into breakfast and make sure your camera is charged - we’ve got a full day of 4X4 driving to get on board with. This place is home to 500 species of birds, 148 species of mammals, a variety of reptiles and (of course) the ‘Big Five’. Excitement levels: 11/10! With our eagle-eyed guide at the wheel, you’re sure to spot more than a few animals doing their thing. We’re talking buffalo grazing on savannahs, rhinos frollicing in the mud, lions on their afternoon hunt and elephants getting their bubble-bath on. GoPros at the ready! Tick off as many of the ‘Big Five’ as you can before tucking in to a delicious feast back at the camp. You can thank us later.
Day 3 - Kruger National Park to Tshipsie
Leave the lie-ins for another day - there’s a morning bush walk through Kruger with your name on it. Learn all about nature’s finer deets with an expert guide before hitting the road. Next stop: Tshipise. Nestled amongst the beautiful baobab dotted-countryside near the Limpopo River, our accommodation is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy few days of exploring. The afternoon is yours to soak in the resort’s warm mineral pool, verse your Topdeck BFF’s at a game of putt-putt or simply soak up all the relaxed-African vibes. Tonight, we’ll spend an evening under the stars. Bliss.
Day 4 - Tshipise to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Catcha’ Tshipise - we’re headed for Zimbabwe! A country once known for its political violence and economic instability, this nation has rebuilt itself into a buzzing tourist destination filled with natural wonders and fascinating landscapes. When we’ve got all the formalities over with at the border post, we’ll make a beeline for Matobo National Park - known for its unique UNESCO World Heritage listed giant whalebacks and castellated kopjes (that’s giant, granite landforms to you and me). Tonight, we’ll crack open a cold one as the sun sets over the rolling savannahs. This is livin’, Barry!
Day 5 - Bulawayo
Down your coffee and get ready for another epic game drive through Matobo National Park. This park is home to a large variety of animals, including black and white rhinos, zebras, wildebeest and giraffe. Play ‘I, spy’ with the wildlife before checking out the unique rock formations of the Matobo Hills. These massive rock formations have been associated with human dwelling since the Stone Ages – and they loved a spot of rock painting in their spare time. This afternoon we’ll have the chance to explore further with a guided trail walk before we swap pics from the day around the campfire. Here that? The sounds of the wild will lull you to sleep tonight.
Day 6 - Bulawayo to Victoria Falls
Ever seen one of the Seven Wonders of the World? Well today, you can check one off your bucket-list! That’s right folks, we’re headed to the magnificent Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park (aka home to Victoria Falls). A place where wilderness, adventure and culture unite around one stunning spectacle – this place is pretty dam impressive (pun intended). After we make camp, we’ll head out on an included tour of the national park and see why the falls are often referred to as “Mosi-oa-Tunya” or the Smoke that Thunders. Later, you’ll have the option of cruising the Zambezi River for all those sunset views or why not get your culture fix at a Boma dinner and drumming experience? Either way: we know you’re going to be blown away by this place.
Day 7 - Victoria Falls
Quick! Swap those socials - we’re out of here after breakfast. It may be our last day but there’s still plenty of time to get your adrenaline pumping with some epic optionals. We’re talking white water rafting, gorge swimming, canoeing, a flying fox experience or why not go all out with a helicopter flight over the falls? Oh yeah! Make sure you pick up a souvenir or two at the village before you go. Who’s up for round two?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 12 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..