Gems Of The Java Sea
Day 1 - Singapore Founded as a British trading colony in 1819, Singapore joined the Malaysian Federation in 1963. Two years later, it became an independent island-state, developing into one of the world's most prosperous countries. With ultra-modern skyscrapers combined with a medley of Chinese, Indian and Malay influences, Singapore is a dynamic city rich in contrast and color, exhibiting a harmonious blend of culture, cuisine, arts and architecture.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - At Sea
Day 4 - Semarang, Java, Indonesia Semarang is a commercial port located roughly halfway between Jakarta and Surabaya, along Java's north central coast. Today, many of the island's most important exports, including tobacco, sugar, rubber, coffee, and cacao are shipped through Semarang. Because of its accessibility to the island's interior, it is an ideal gateway to numerous coffee plantations and the spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site of Borobudur.
Day 5 - Surabaya, Indonesia Surabaya is Indonesia's second-largest city with a population of over 2.7 million (5.6 million in the metropolitan area), and the capital of the province of East Java. Shoppers will enjoy the extensive shopping centers and boutiques throughout the city. Others may wish to take in Bonbin Surabaya, one of the largest zoos in Southeast Asia. Other points of interest include the Grand Mosque of Surabaya (the largest mosque in East Java), the Mpu Tantular Museum of Javanese culture, and the Submarine Monument, also known as Monumen Kapal Selam. City sightseeing buses with English-speaking tour guides are available at the House of Sampoerna museum.
Day 6 - Probolinggo, Java East Java highlights include a national park with multiple volcanoes, the 600-foot Madakaripura waterfall and the 14th-century Jabung Buddhist temple cut from glowing red stone. Other options include beaches, river rafting and a wealth of traditional handicrafts.
Day 7 - Celukan Bawang, Bali, Indonesia In this important port, you may see numbers of the famous high-prowed Bugis schooners, the traditional trading vessels of the archipelago. They carry timber, cement and other goods from Sumatra and Kalimantan. Relax on the black sand Lovina beach, or visit Singaraja, Bali’s second-largest city, which retains the feel of a colonial capital.
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Komodo Island, Indonesia This island national park isn’t the only place the large (up to 10-foot) monitor lizards known as “Komodo Dragons” live. But they are protected here, and flourish as they have in the region for millions of years. Follow your guide and listen carefully to his instructions, because despite their torpid appearance, these giants can really move when they want to, and they apparently aren’t picky about what sort of prey they pursue.
Day 10 - Benoa (Denpasar), Bali
Day 11 - Benoa (Denpasar), Bali
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..