Discover The Canaries
Day 1 - Southampton Discover Southampton’s maritime history at the SeaCity Museum or see impressive works in the city’s art gallery. Jane Austen used to walk Southampton’s city walls and you can too, stopping at the Tudor House Museum along the way. Go all nostalgic over vintage cars at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu or see King Arthur’s fabled Round Table at nearby Winchester, the ancient capital of England.
Day 2 - Cruising
Day 3 - Vigo The sun will shine upon you as you enter the harbor of Vigo, the largest city in Spain's autonomous Galicia region. Start your adventure by ascending the Castro Fortress — you can take in views of the city and the lushly forested mountains around it from these granite-walled 17th-century fortifications. Then, learn up about the region at one of Vigo's excellent museums: Museo do Mar Galicia features exhibits on the local oceanography and ecosystems, while the Vigo Museum of Contemporary Art hosts a changing lineup of participatory workshops and installations by innovative artists working today. Later, stretch your legs on the GR-53, a 25-mile path along the coastline and low mountain peaks around the city, or relax by the blue waters of Cies Beach.
Day 4 - Lisbon Lisbon is a quintessential European city, full of natural beauty, historic architecture and culinary pleasures — not to mention one of the best climates anywhere on the planet. To get to know Portugal's capital, walk between the captivating miradouros — terrace viewpoints that are scattered on the hilltops, offering stunning vistas from the sea to the castles and beyond. Watch as the light peeks through the clouds and shines down on The City of Seven Hills during your cruise to Lisbon. If you're a history buff, head to Belem or nearby Sintra to explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Jeronimos Monastery and Quinta da Regalaira.
Day 5 - Cruising
Day 6 - Lanzarote, Canary Islands Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands, is home to gorgeous aquamarine seas, white-sand beaches and nearly year-round sunshine. Travel inland, and you'll find more than 350 volcanic cones rising out of its National Park, making for an otherworldly volcanic landscape. More than 100 volcanoes erupted here in the 1700s. From that even arose a series of black-ash vineyards that now produce award-winning wines — not to mention strange, haunting beauty. UNESCO has dubbed the island a biosphere reserve protected site, and its remote, wild beaches are the perfect place for a surfing excursion or a simple afternoon spent relaxing at what feels like the edge of the world.
Day 7 - Gran Canaria Floating off the west coast of Africa, Gran Canaria is an island where nature's many faces come together. A rocky coastline embraces most of the island, while beaches dot the periphery. Desert-style dunes adorn the south, and leafy mountains crown the center. Outdoor lovers will find spectacular views while they surf, hike, bike or go on a road trip with Canary Islands cruises. Meanwhile, urbanites can stroll through the museum, cafes and town squares of Las Palmas — this cosmopolitan center is the seventh-largest Spanish city, filled to the brim with buildings that make you forget you're on a tiny island.
Day 8 - Tenerife The Canary Islands sit more than 1,000 miles from mainland Spain — but as your ship docks at the largest island, Tenerife, you'll feel like you've entered another world. Exploring the island's diverse nature will reinforce this: The landscape here ranges from to deserts to towering volcanoes, dense forests to spectacular beaches. Head to Mount Teide National Park to see the volcanic mountain that claims the title of Spain's highest peak. Cool off in the Bajamar natural salt-water pools, or go scuba-diving among octopus and barracudas in Tabaiba. When you're tuckered out from your adventure, head to a seaside restaurant for a glass of sangria and crusty bread slathered with almagrote, a local hard-cheese spread flavored with tomato, garlic and paprika.
Day 9 - Cruising
Day 10 - Cruising
Day 11 - Cruising
Day 12 - Southampton Discover Southampton’s maritime history at the SeaCity Museum or see impressive works in the city’s art gallery. Jane Austen used to walk Southampton’s city walls and you can too, stopping at the Tudor House Museum along the way. Go all nostalgic over vintage cars at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu or see King Arthur’s fabled Round Table at nearby Winchester, the ancient capital of England.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..