Day 1 - Melbourne, Australia Flower gardens and graceful, tree-lined boulevards add a refined air to Melbourne, regarded as the hub of Australia's cultural, intellectual and financial life – at least by Melbournians! Modern skyscrapers mingle comfortably with Victorian homes, and an aura of upper-class elegance pervades. If you find country pleasures more appealing, ride the historic steam train “Puffing Billy” past forests and farms, before having lunch at a Yarra Glen vineyard.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - At Sea
Day 4 - Fiordland National Park As you sail through parts of Fiordland National Park, you will appreciate how it has mesmerised and intrigued travellers and tourists over the centuries, with its graceful and mostly untouched beauty. Amongst and beyond the glacier-carved fjords of Doubtful and Milford Sound, stand impressive snow-capped peaks, luscious green slopes and forests that are home to unusual and unique species.
Day 5 - Dunedin, New Zealand Dunedin is the second-largest city on New Zealand’s South Island and principal of the Otago region. Its population boomed during 1865, with a steady stream of new settlers arriving in search of gold. During your time here, the outstanding Dunedin Railway Station is a must-visit, and a ride on the world famous Taieri Gorge Train is a scenic experience you’ll cherish for years to come.
Day 6 - Lyttelton, New Zealand Nestling on the lower slopes of a steep sided extinct volcano, the historic port town of Lyttelton is overflowing with trendy cafés and quirky shops. It’s also the gateway to nearby Christchurch. Lyttelton has a long, colourful history and was the point where the first European settlers, bound for Christchurch, came ashore in 1850. Today the centre of Christchurch is just over seven miles away, thanks to the 1.2-mile-long Lyttelton road tunnel, which burrows through the Port Hills. The entire Canterbury area was devastated in the 2011 earthquake, but is gradually being rebuilt, with new shops and buildings opening everyday. The small Lyttelton museum is maritime themed and boasts a fascinating Antarctic gallery, as the city was the launching point for South Pole expeditions at the turn of the last century.
Day 7 - Picton Picton stands on the northern tip of New Zealand’s South Island. Offshore lies the beauty of the Marlborough Sounds, while inland you’ll find the internationally acclaimed Marlborough wine region. The town itself is full of charm. It’s built around a sheltered harbour, whose curved flanks hold the sparkling blue waters in their dark green embrace. The seafront here has several spots to sip a drink, have a bite to eat and take it all in. There are several galleries and shops too, when you can tear your gaze away from the views. You may even have a chance to appreciate Maori traditions at the Omaki Marae, a local meeting house that often showcases elements of their rich culture.
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Auckland, New Zealand In a nation where stunning scenery is taken for granted, this water wonderland sparkles like a freshly polished jewel. Over 48 extinct volcanoes cloaked in wild mountainous scenery encircle the “City of Sails”. An undulating succession of bays and inlets stretch along its endless shores. Even the downtown area with its expansive, farm-like parks exudes a sense of spacious beauty.
Day 10 - Bay of Islands North of Auckland, along the narrow Northland peninsula, lies a shady ‘cathedral’ of some of the world’s largest trees. These hulking specimens stand up to 170 feet tall, and are over 1,200 years old. The captivating Bay of Islands shelters 150 islands and enchanting wetlands of birdlife, fish, seals, dolphins, and even whales. No wonder it’s one of New Zealand’s favourite destinations.
Day 11 - At Sea
Day 12 - At Sea
Day 13 - At Sea
Day 14 - Melbourne, Australia Flower gardens and graceful, tree-lined boulevards add a refined air to Melbourne, regarded as the hub of Australia's cultural, intellectual and financial life – at least by Melbournians! Modern skyscrapers mingle comfortably with Victorian homes, and an aura of upper-class elegance pervades. If you find country pleasures more appealing, ride the historic steam train “Puffing Billy” past forests and farms, before having lunch at a Yarra Glen vineyard.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 February 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..