Southern Winter Adventure
From 01/12/2021 to 28/02/2022
See an authentic leather demonstration in Florence .
Explore the colourful islands of Burano and Murano in Venice .
Visit Jungfraujoch, the “Top of Europe” in Lauterbrunnen.
Your legendary Busabout crew.
9 nights’ accommodation.
All coach transport.
Rome Twilight walking tour.
Orientation walk in Munich.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Munich to Venice We depart Munich and begin our journey to “The Floating City”, Venice. Resting across the backs of 118 islands, this ancient architectural marvel is a UNESCO-listed monument teeming with rich history and beautiful sights. Upon arrival we check into our accommodation and the rest of the night is yours to relax after a tiring day of travel. Head out into the town and immerse yourself in the vibrant Italian nightlife or join us for dinner and drinks at the home base.
Day 2 - Venice Venice is a magical city in winter and today you can explore this historic location. See the beautiful canals up close on an intimate gondola ride and if you’re lucky you may even be serenaded by your gondolier! Wander through St. Mark’s Square and enjoy some of the world's tastiest gelato, or do as lovers have done for centuries and marvel at the Bridge of Sighs. For the foodies, grab a pizza at a canal-side restaurant overlooking the Rialto Bridge before strolling among the boutique fashion stores that line the twisting alleys of the city. For the best Instagram shots, take a trip on a vaporetto to the islands of Murano, Burano and Torcello and witness the incredible artistry of traditional glass blowing! - Breakfast included
Day 3 - Venice to Rome All roads lead to Rome, as this morning we depart Venice for a trip through the rolling Italian countryside. This ancient capital, home to empires and emperors, dates back more than 2,500 years and is one of the most historically significant cities still standing today! We arrive in the afternoon and check in before heading out to explore this city overflowing with history, art, and monuments. This evening we offer a delicious optional dinner, so relax with some incredible Italian food and rub shoulders with your fellow passengers over a few glasses of vino. - Breakfast included
Day 4 - Rome This morning, head out to lose yourself to the glory of Rome! Join us on an optional walking tour of the city and see such sights as the world-famous filming location of The Spanish Steps, make a wish at the picturesque Trevi Fountain, visit the Pantheon and see the ancient battleground of the gladiators in the Colosseum. Alternatively, travel to the world’s smallest state of Vatican City and see the majesty of St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the various Vatican Museums. Tonight, a trip to hipster Trastevere is a great way to sample some traditional Italian food, side by side with intimate wine bars and craft beer houses. - Breakfast included
Day 5 - Rome to Florence After breakfast we say ‘arrivederci’ to Rome and board the coach headed into wine country! Our destination is the Tuscan capital of Florence. Upon arrival you have the day to explore the birthplace of the Renaissance at your leisure or join us for a fantastic optional walking tour. See such sights as the Piazza Signoria, Duomo, Dante’s House, Uffizi Galleria, and the Accademia di Belle Arti di Firenze among others. Then we have an informative leather demonstration followed by an optional Florentine dinner, before we head out for a lively night of karaoke. - Breakfast included
Day 6 - Florence Florence has been home to artists for centuries and today is your opportunity to explore this Renaissance-inspired city. See the largest brick dome ever constructed at the Florence Cathedral, visit the towering town hall of Palazzo Vecchio and the numerous sights located in its immediate surroundings. Explore the Arno river and see the beauty of the old bridge, or spend the day relaxing with some great wine on your quest to find the perfect Florentine steak. Today we offer optionals such as horse riding, day trips into the heart of Tuscany, or a visit to San Gimignano to explore the vineyards and cellars and sample some delicious wine pairings. - Breakfast included
Day 7 - Florence to Lauterbrunnen Today, we head for the Swiss border and the Alpine paradise of Lauterbrunnen. Sit back and relax with your camera at the ready, as we spend the day making our way through the pristine mountain wilderness before arriving in our picturesque home for two nights. This valley is nestled between the high mountains and dotted with 72 waterfalls! Get checked in this evening and join us for a delicious optional dinner, a traditional cheese fondue, and crispy potato rosti or spend the evening relaxing in the fresh mountain breeze. - Breakfast included
Day 8 - Lauterbrunnen Today we’ll be spending the whole day in awe of Lauterbrunnen’s numerous majestic sights and crashing falls. For the adrenaline junkies why not get a bird's eye view of the region while paragliding or skydiving? Head to the slopes of the Jungfrau region and carve up some powder while snowboarding or skiing. Venture via the funicular to Jungfraujoch to experience life at nearly 4,000m. James Bond fans should take a trip to the top of Schilthorn and the Piz Gloria, which is featured in 007’s “On Her Majesty's Secret Service”. Fear not, 007-skeptics, Schilthorn also boasts spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. This evening, join your group for night sledding at the Swiss mountains! - Breakfast included
Day 9 - Lauterbrunnen to Paris This morning after breakfast we wave goodbye to the gorgeous Swiss Alps and make our way through the rolling countryside and back to our starting point, the glamorous French capital of Paris. We arrive in the late afternoon and get checked in before having one last group dinner and enjoying some drinks. Alternatively, head to Montmartre and witness the sexy spectacle of the Moulin Rouge or spend the night lost in the vibrant Parisian nightlife. - Breakfast included
Day 10 - Paris Check-out is after breakfast, we hope to see you again! - Breakfast included
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans