Jewels of Italy
From 09/02/2020 to 14/03/2020
2 Three-course dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
Luxury air-conditioned coach.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Variety of Optional Experiences.
City orientation tours.
An expert Travel Director and a professional driver.
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes.
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Arrive Rome (2 Nights) Welcome to Rome. After checking in, relax and unwind. Later meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. This evening, consider an evening out featuring sightseeing, food and drinks in this fascinating ancient city.
Day 2 - Rome Sightseeing and Free Time Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour with a visit to the Vatican City. Enter the awe-inspiring St. Peter's Basilica and view Michelangelo's statue, the Piet?. Don't miss the opportunity to join an Optional Experience to visit the famous Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. View the mighty Colosseum and see the ancient sites of Rome. Afterwards, enjoy free time to take in the sights or join an Optional Experience to explore the Pantheon, Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain.
Day 3 - Rome - Pisa - Florence (2 Nights) This morning, leave Rome and head north towards Central Italy. Travel through picturesque scenery in Tuscany before arriving in the town of Pisa. Visit the Square of Miracles featuring the Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery. There is time to shop for souvenirs and take pictures. Later, arrive at your hotel near Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance.
Day 4 - Florence Sightseeing and Free Time There are few cities in the world with an artistic legacy to equal that of Florence. Your Local Specialist gives a superb commentary of the city's history during your walking tour, which includes views of the Baptistery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the impressive Giotto's Bell Tower, Ponte Vecchio and a visit to Piazza della Signoria. Learn about the quality and workmanship of two of this city's historic industries at demonstrations of Florentine leathercraft and 18-carat gold. Don't forget to try a gelato! Later enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 5 - Florence - Verona - Venice (Mestre) (2 Nights) Your journey continues north across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to Verona, the home of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers. View the vast Roman Arena, where concerts are still held regularly. Stop and view Juliet's balcony in a courtyard which has become a popular tourist site for the tragic story of the Montague and Capulet family feud. Head east to the magical, romantic city of Venice.
Day 6 - Venice Orientation and Free Time Watch the Venetian craftsmen at work creating local specialities at a glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island. Then cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in the heart of Venice. Admire the Bridge of Sighs, the ornate Doge's Palace and the Byzantine Basilica of St. Mark. Spend free time afterwards exploring this fascinating city or perhaps take a cruise across the lagoon to Burano, an island known for its brightly coloured houses, for a relaxing farewell dinner.
Day 7 - Depart Venice (Mestre) This morning say 'arrivederci' to Italy, your Travel Director and newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable holiday. Transfers are available to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Conditions apply. Sightseeing Highlights Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral, Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio Pisa Visit the Square of Miracles to view the Leaning Tower Rome Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..