Holy Land & Ancinet Kingdoms Explorer
Day 1 - Civitavecchia (Rome) In the footsteps of the Ceasar you will spend your time in the Eternal City. From the Roman Forum, it's a short walk to the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and Palatine Hill. Across the Tiber River, the Sovereign State of the Vatican holds the key to the Sistine Chapel and Bernini's awesome colonnade.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Katakolon In the quiet of the original Olympic stadium, where the torch was first lit and the winners were crowned with a laurel wreath, let your imagination run. Step into the ruined archives of Greek mythology at the Temple of Zeus—one of the few remaining Wonders of the Ancient World.
Day 4 - Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Day 5 - At Sea
Day 6 - Ashdod (Jerusalem) The largest port in Israel, Ashdod is a gateway to Jerusalem, the 5,000-year-old walled city that is considered sacred to more than a third of the people on Earth. Numerous sites exist nearby, including the Jewish sacred Western Wall, and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre said to be the site of Calvary and to contain a piece of the true cross. In Ashdod, meander along the seaside promenade, or HaMidrehof this area is being termed the Southern Riviera of the city and includes many spectacular beaches. Dip your toes in the Dead Sea waters, long known for their health benefits. Visit the Bar-Gera Museum to view a collection of art by artists who were either banned or persecuted by the Nazis and other fascist governments. The Yad Vashem Memorial Museum is dedicated to the six million Jews who lost their lives during the Holocaust.
Day 7 - Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel From this port on the slopes of Mt. Carmel travel to Nazareth, home of the young Jesus. And visit the land of miracles--Galilee, the Jordan River, the Mount of the Beautitudes and Tabgha.
Day 8 - At Sea
Day 9 - Kusadasi Ephesus, not far from the port at Kusadasi, is home to the one remaining pillar from the Temple of Artemis—an Ancient Wonder of the World. Marble streets lead past magnificent ruins of temples and baths, and the Celsus Library. Don't miss the amphitheater where St Paul preached to the Ephesians. Roman ruins are also on display at Pirea and Didyma.
Day 10 - Rhodes Rhodes, set behind impregnable 14th-century walls, invites you to navigate through crooked streets to shop for sea sponges and visit the gorgeous Palace of the Grand Masters from where the Knights of St John set out on the Crusades. Tour to the village of Lindos and climb to the Acropolis. Look down and you'll see where St Paul landed, as well as the rocky peninsulas where many believe the Colossus of Rhodes once stood. This 110-foot-tall statue of Helios was destroyed by an earthquake, and its remains were melted down by the Arabs for scrap metal.
Day 11 - Souda (Chania)
Day 12 - At Sea
Day 13 - Taormina, Sicily Over the centuries, this place has fascinated restless poets, writers and painters who decided to put down roots here, maybe because they were so inspired by Taormina's stunning natural beauty. Wander through the ancient city streets, take photographs of the Greco-Roman Theater, and treat yourself to authentic Italian cuisine in a breathtaking setting.
Day 14 - Naples School children everywhere know the story of Pompeii and the eruption of Mt Vesuvius that destroyed it. In real life, Pompeii is even more impressive, as meticulous excavation has bared the soul of a city frozen in time since AD 79. For a breath of fresh air, sail across the bay to the flowery Isle of Capri or visit the ostentatious boutiques of Sorrento.
Day 15 - Civitavecchia (Rome) In the footsteps of the Ceasar you will spend your time in the Eternal City. From the Roman Forum, it's a short walk to the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine and Palatine Hill. Across the Tiber River, the Sovereign State of the Vatican holds the key to the Sistine Chapel and Bernini's awesome colonnade.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 13 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..