Winter Celtic Trail
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Belfast, Northern Ireland
Make sure you give yourself some time to explore buzzing, cosmopolitan Belfast (and of course, learn about its history) before you meet your trip mates this afternoon. Our suggestions? Hit up the Titanic Museum or City Hall. We’ve got an included dinner to help break the ice tonight!
Day 2 - Belfast to Galway, Republic of Ireland
Big question. How did 40,000 hexagonal rock columns end up in the same place? Doesn’t matter! The Giant’s Causeway rocks (pun intended). But in case you’re interested, this world-famous landmark is actually the result of a volcanic eruption. Pretty cool, huh? We’ll arrive in Galway tonight – the city that inspired Ed Sheeran’s ‘Galway Girl’.
Day 3 - Galway
Yay! You’ve got a free day to explore Galway! Grab yourself some fish and chips in a cosy pub (and don’t forget to team it with a beer). Then: go exploring and check out the amazing street performers and buskers. If you fancy it, you can also pay an optional visit to the Cliffs of Moher. The definition of beautiful, rugged coastline, this place is like something out of a movie.
Day 4 - Galway to Dublin
On the way to Dublin, we’ll stop off at ancient Newgrange – a site that’s older than both Stonehenge AND the Egyptian Pyramids. Wow! Tonight, sample a taste of tradition at an optional Irish show after dinner, or chill out in the Temple Bar district and soak up the atmosphere.
Day 5 - Dublin
First up: a walking tour of the city’s most famous and historic sights. Then: take in the views from the Guinness Skybar after touring the Guinness Storehouse (when in Dublin!). Want some ideas for your free afternoon? How about checking out Dublin Castle or St Stephen’s Green?
Day 6 - Dublin to Cardiff, Wales
Next stop: Cardiff. Let’s play a game - how many Welsh words can you learn in one night?
Day 7 - Cardiff
It’s your day, your way. Check out Cardiff Castle, go for a wander in Cardiff Bay or simply hit up St David’s Shopping Centre. And did we mention the pubs? There are A LOT of them. Extra points if you visit one while the rugby is on! Tonight, we’ve got one last farewell dinner to look forward to. Time to get all the selfies in!
Day 8 - Cardiff to London, England
All good things must come to an end. But not so fast - there are still two stops left! After heading to historic Bath for a walking tour, we’ll embrace the mystery surrounding those iconic stones at Stonehenge. Then: we're off to London Town for teary goodbyes. Who wants to go again?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..