Best of Argentina & Brazil
Get a taste of the rhythms of Argentina and Brazil on this southern adventure journeying from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro, taking in the spectacular Iguazu Falls along the way. From tango to samba, Spanish to Portuguese, and Malbec wine to caipirinhas, these two countries are sure to have you enthralled in their passionate zest for life.
Travel Dates: From 19/10/2019 to 24/12/2021
Duration: 7 days
Departing From: Buenos
- Buenos Aires offers an eclectic mix of European, Cosmopolitan and Latin flavours, as well as a booming cultural and nightlife scene
- Explore the neighbourhoods of this lively, confident city on a full-day tour with a local guide
Look for rainbows in the mist of the mighty Iguazu Falls from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides, and visit a local indigenous community
Gaze over the dazzling city, mountains and bay of Rio de Janeiro from the foot of the famous Christ the Redeemer statue
Favelas may sit alongside mansions, but in the heaving metropolis of Rio, everyone’s invited to the party
- Immerse yourself in Brazilian culture, dance and music
Breakfasts Included: 6
Lunches Included: 1
Hotel (6 nights)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Buenos Aires - Full-day guided tour
Iguazu Falls - Entrance and tour of the Brazilian side of the falls
Iguazu Falls - Guarani community visit
Iguazu Falls - Entrance and tour of the Argentinian side of the falls
Rio de Janeiro - Guided tour including Santa Teresa, Selaron Steps, Christ the Redeemer statue and Rio downtown
Day 1: Buenos Aires
Your Latin adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm today. A transfer from the airport to the hotel is included in the trip. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. If you have some free time today, head out to explore the streets of this sophisticated city, often referred to as the ‘Paris of South America’.
Day 2: Buenos Aires
Today explore Buenos Aires on a full-day tour with a local guide. Wander the cobbled streets of San Telmo and browse its antiques markets, then continue to Plaza de Mayo to see the presidential palace of Casa Rosada. Walk among the tombs of the Recoleta Cemetery, the final resting place of Eva Peron. From here take a private van to La Boca and its well-known ‘Caminito’ district, before moving on to the lesser-known side of the neighbourhood. Here you’ll visit an artist's gallery and eat an included lunch in support of a local social project. In the evening, perhaps enjoy a tango show, a football match or a steak and glass of malbec in one of the city’s trendy restaurants.
Day 3: Iguazu Falls (Brazilian side)
Fly to Puerto Iguazu in the northeast corner of Argentina today. The mighty Iguazu Falls straddles the border of Argentina and Brazil, and the group will be visiting the falls from both sides. The falls are over 2 km in length and consist of 275 falls in total, some of which stretch up to 80 metres high. This makes them higher than Niagara Falls and wider than Victoria Falls. Head across to Brazil to admire panoramic views of the waterfalls. Take an optional helicopter flight over the top of the falls for a more panoramic view. Tonight, spend the night in a hotel in Foz do Iguazu (Brazil)
Day 4: Iguazu Falls (Argentinean side)
A visit to the Argentinian side of Iguazu today allows you to get up close to the waterfalls via a series of boardwalks. According to Guarani legend, Iguazu Falls was created when the serpent god M’Boy, enraged by the betrayal of a chieftain’s daughter who was promised to him, split the river in half. For a more exhilarating experience, take an optional Zodiac boat ride to the base of the falls. Visit a Guarani community to meet some of the region’s few remaining indigenous people. Return to our hotel on the Brazilian side of the falls.
Day 5: Rio de Janeiro
Today, cross the border into Brazil and take an early morning flight from Foz do Iguacu to Rio. The locals say that 'if God made the world in six days, he devoted the seventh to Rio'. The day is yours to do what you like. For relaxation and people watching, head to the beaches of Copacabana or Ipanema. If the time of year is right, check out a football game or a Carnival rehearsal. As evening approaches, perhaps take the cable car up to Sugarloaf Mountain to watch the sunset before getting sweaty with the locals in the samba clubs of bohemian Lapa.
Day 6: Rio de Janeiro
It's an early start this morning, as we embark on a full-day guided tour of Rio. Starting at Corcovado Mountain for sweeping views over Rio from the base of the Christ the Reedemer statue before the crowds arrive. Discover the eclectic architecture, restaurants and art galleries of the artistic neighbourhood of Santa Teresa. Then continue on to by the famous Selaron Steps to see artist Jorge Selaron’s gift to the Brazilian people. We finish the day with a a walking tour of the Port area. This area, a little more off the beaten track, has been recognized for its cultural and historical importance as it was a main Port for the slave trade in Brazil. We will be joined by a local guide from the Pretos Novos institute, which aims to preserve the cultural heritage found in the Port area. On the walk, learn about the story of how the African slaves arrived to Brazil, the horrific conditions they endured on the journey over, how they were sold and, eventually, how they resisted and became free. Their story is intrinsically connected with the history of samba and Brazilian culture.
Day 7: Rio de Janeiro
Today your adventure comes to an end. There are no activities planned for the final day so you’re able to depart the accommodation at any time. If you wish to stay on in Rio please advise us as we can book additional accommodation and Urban Adventure activities for you. ILHA GRANDE OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Please note from October 2018 onward this activity will only run on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If you wish to do this activity and your tour does not finish on one of these days you may need to book additional accommodation to allow for this activity. Pick up time for this activity is between 6am and 7:30am and does not return to Rio until approximately 8:30pm.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..