Overnight Uluru Adventure
Journey into Australia's dusty Red Centre and experience for yourself two of the continent's star attractions. Explore the immense rock domes of Kata Tjuta, witness an unforgettable Uluru sunset and enjoy a delicious spread of produce with local native food. Encounter the world's biggest rock up close on a walk around its base, learn of the First Australians mythologies woven into it and admire Aboriginal arts and crafts on display in the Uluru Cultural Centre. Short though this two-day trip may be in time, it's mighty large in attractions.
Travel Dates: From 23/08/2019 to 01/01/2021
Duration: 2 days
Departing From: Yulara
- Join an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Guide on a walk to the Mutijulu waterhole at Uluru, an experience exclusive to Intrepid Travel
The ancient formations of Kata Tjuta and the monumental Uluru are synonymous with the quintessential Australian landscape
Enjoy a locally sourced dinner under the stars and camp on the vast red earth of the outback, well away from civilisation
Guided walks at Kata Tjuta and around Uluru provide insight into the history and spirituality of the First Peoples of Australia
Breakfasts Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Permanent, furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 nt)
All terrain vehicle
Age: min 8
Group Size: 1 - 24
Maruku Arts cultural experience
Uluru Base Walk
Day 1: Yulara/Kata Tjuta/Uluru
Start the day by visiting the 36 red rock domes of Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), getting up close to this ancient geological formation. Get to know the domes, dunes and gullies on a walk through the Domes of Kata Tjuta. We make our way to Uluru (Ayres Rock) as the sun sets; watch the colours of Uluru change. The perfect end to a remarkable day is awaiting you back at camp, as you enjoy a delicious spread of food with your group. If the weather permits, sit outside under the stars. Spend the night in twin share permanent tents, with comfortable beds, linen, towels, lighting and cooling fans provided.
Day 2: Uluru Sunrise
An early start today is rewarded with an Uluru sunrise. While the morning is fresh, enjoy a walk around the base of Uluru. After your stroll, we walk to the cave paintings near Mutitjulu Waterhole at the base of Uluru. You will be in the hands of an Anangu guide who will share the stories of this unique landscape and explain the Art, the Culture and connection to Land. The on-site Cultural Centre also houses an extensive collection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and crafts for you to browse. Perhaps purchase some art and craft of the First Peoples of Australia at the Uluru Cultural Centre before ending your tour at the Ayers Rock Resort. Notes: Please do not book a flight departing prior to 12:30pm
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 August 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..