SIMPLY VIETNAM WITH LAOS & CAMBODIA
With their long histories, interesting cultures, and gorgeous scenery, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos offer something for everyone. On this Southeast Asia tour, you’ll overnight in Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha National Park, Hoi An, Hue, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap. Sightseeing tours in the cities feature the must-see sites, including Luang Prabang’s Wat Xieng Thong, a 16th-century temple featuring Buddhist art and architecture; Hanoi’s One Pillar Pagoda, built in 1049; Hue’s Forbidden Purple City, the emperor’s residence constructed in 1804; Hoi An’s Thien Mu Pagoda; and Phnom Penh’s Royal Palace. In Ho Chi Minh City, your sightseeing includes the War Remnants Museum and the Cu Chi region, where you’ll get to explore the deep, narrow tunnels constructed by the Viet Cong during the war.
You’ll enjoy seeing gorgeous scenery and destinations via the water. Cruise on Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with some of the world’s most amazing scenery. You’ll sail by islets, caves, beaches, and floating villages. In Phong Nha National Park, a boat ride on the Son River takes you to Phong Nha Cave. Enjoy a cruise in Hoi An on the Thu Bon River, where you’ll pass unspoiled countryside.
A highlight of this Southeast Asia tour are the spectacular ruins at Angkor, including Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; Angkor Thom; and 10th-century Banteay Srei Temple, known for its intricate decorations.
These are just some of the many highlights on this tour through Southeast Asia. Designed for savvy, value-minded travellers, it’s a dream holiday!
Travel Dates: From 10/10/2019 to 02/12/2019
Duration: 19 days
- Breakfasts Included: 18
Lunches Included: 5
Dinners Included: 3
Breakfasts Included: 18
Lunches Included: 5
Dinners Included: 3
1 LUANG PRABANG, LAOS.
Welcome to Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
2 LUANG PRABANG.
Begin your morning by ascending MOUNT PHOUSI for beautiful views over the city and Mekong River. Then, walk through the historic town centre stopping at WAT MAI, famous for its 5-tiered roof built in the traditional style of Luang Prabang. You will also visit the NATIONAL MUSEUM and WAT XIENG THONG, often thought to be the most beautiful wat, or monastery, in the city. The remainder of the day is at your leisure to explore further. (B,L)
3 LUANG PRABANG.
A full day at your leisure. Perhaps consider an excursion to Kuang Si Waterfalls or a cruise on the Mekong River to Pak Ou Caves. (B)
4 LUANG PRABANG-HANOI.
Fly to Hanoi, Vietnam's capital city. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. (B)
Today's included sightseeing tour takes you to many of the city's highlights, including the TEMPLE OF LITERATURE, a peaceful series of walled courtyards and gateways, and ONE PILLAR PAGODA, designed to resemble a lotus blossom. You will also see Ho Chi Minh's stilt house, Hoan Kiem Lake, and the fascinating network of alleyways and shop houses that make up the Old Quarter. This evening, enjoy a performance of Hanoi's famed WATER PUPPETS. (B,D)
6 HANOI-HA LONG BAY.
Drive to Ha Long Bay, one of Vietnam's favourite destinations, and board your DAY CRUISE through the stunning bay. Enjoy lunch on board as you sail through the dramatic limestone islands, then explore the Sung Sot (Surprising Cave) and visit Titov Island. (B,L)
7 HA LONG BAY-HANOI-PHONG NHA-KE BANG NATIONAL PARK.
Return to Hanoi this morning and fly to Dong Hoi. From here, journey inland to remarkable PHONG NHA-KE BANG NATIONAL PARK, a UNESCO park littered with beautiful jungles, caves, and underground rivers. Your lodging tonight is a charming farmstay at the base of park. (B,D)
8 PHONG NHA-KE BANG NATIONAL PARK.
This morning, take a BOAT RIDE on the Son River to PHONG NHA CAVE, famous for its rock formations with names like the "Lion" and the "Buddha." The afternoon is at your leisure to enjoy the activities and serene views at your hotel. (B,L,D)
9 PHONG NHA-KE BANG NATIONAL PARK-HUE.
Drive to Hue, stopping at the DMZ bridge en route. Upon arrival in the imperial walled city of Hue, visit the FORBIDDEN PURPLE CITY, modeled after Beijing's famed Forbidden CIty. During your visit, you will see Thai Hoa Palace, the Halls of the Mandarins, and the Nine Dynastic Urns. (B)
10 HUE-HOI AN.
Begin today with a visit to pretty THIEN MU PAGODA, made up of seven tiers, each dedicated to a step assumed by Buddha to reach enlightenment. Continue up the river to the IMPERIAL TOMB OF MINH MANG, a majestic complex of courtyards, pavilions, and temples in a beautiful setting. Head south through spectacular Hai Van Pass (weather permitting) and visit the CHAM MUSEUM, then continue to the charming town of Hoi An. (B,L)
11 HOI AN.
Start today with a CRUISE on the Thu Bon River, passing unspoiled countryside. Then, a leisurely WALKING TOUR through Hoi An Ancient Town brings you to the Japanese Covered Bridge. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)
12 HOI AN-HO CHI MINH CITY.
Enjoy your morning at leisure. This afternoon, fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam's largest and most vibrant city, packed with timeless traditions. (B)
13 HO CHI MINH CITY.
Today's sightseeing tour takes in Dong Khoi Street, the main shopping thoroughfare, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Central Post Office. Afterward, visit the REUNIFICATION PALACE and the WAR REMNANTS MUSEUM, as well as the Chinese district. (B)
14 HO CHI MINH CITY. CU CHI TUNNELS EXCURSION.
Today, visit the CU CHI TUNNELS, an extraordinary network of tunnels more than 120 miles (193 kilometres) long that was used by the Viet Cong as a hideout and secret village during the war. See secret trapdoors, underground kitchens, living areas, and meeting rooms. If you are feeling adventurous, you may enter and explore the deep, narrow tunnels. (B)
15 HO CHI MINH CITY-PHNOM PENH, CAMBODIA.
Today, fly to Phnom Penh, Cambodia's capital city. (B)
16 PHNOM PENH-SIEM REAP.
Today's sightseeing tour takes in the ROYAL PALACE with its spectacular Silver Pagoda, as well as the haunting TUOL SLENG GENOCIDE MUSEUM, a former torture and interrogation centre under the Khmer Rouge. You will also visit one of the KILLING FIELDS. This afternoon, fly to Siem Reap. (B)
17 SIEM REAP.
Today, visit nearby ANGKOR, the ancient Khmer capital. Visit the splendid temple complex that includes ANGKOR WAT, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and ANGKOR THOM, the former fortified royal city built by King Jayavarman VII, which includes Bayon and Baphuon Temples, the Terrace of Elephants, and the Terrace of the Leper King. (B,L)
18 SIEM REAP.
Today, visit the exquisite 10th-century BANTEAY SREI, a unique temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva that was built on a small scale from red sandstone, which can be carved like wood. Unlike the other temples, TA PROHM has been left relatively untouched. Surrounded by jungle, tree roots grow over and through the ruin walls, and you will experience the temple with the same wonder as the early explorers who discovered it. (B)
19 SIEM REAP.
Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..