THAILAND EXPERIENCE WITH SIEM REAP
Highlighting Thailand and Cambodia’s rich histories, fascinating cultures, and religious monuments, this Thailand and Cambodia tour includes overnights in Siem Reap, Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya, Phitsanulok, Chiang Rai, and Chiang Mai.
Your affordable tour of Cambodia starts in Siem Reap to visit the magnificently preserved temples of Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom and Bayon Temple—with some 200 faces carved into 54 towers. You’ll also visit the exquisite 10th-century Banteay Srei and Ta Prohm, where ancient jungle tree roots wind through the temple ruins.
Your tour through Thailand includes visits to some of the cities that have served as the country’s capital: Bangkok, Ayutthaya, and Sukhothai. In Bangkok—Thailand’s current capital—visit the Temple of the Golden Buddha; the Temple of the Reclining Buddha built in 1832; and the Grand Palace, the royal residence begun in 1782 where you’ll see the Emerald Buddha, Thailand’s most sacred Buddhist sculpture. In Ayutthaya, Thailand’s ancient capital, your sightseeing includes a visit to Bang Pa-In Palace, which was built as a summer residence for the Kings of Ayutthaya. In Sukhothai, Thailand’s 13th-century capital, visit Sukhothai Historic Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with ruins of palaces, temples, and homes.
On this Thailand tour, you’ll also have an opportunity to learn about the Thai culture. In Bangkok, enjoy a Thai dinner accompanied by Thai classical music and dancers. Visit the legendary Damnoen Saduak floating market to see traders sell exotic fruits, vegetables, and more from their boats. And in Chiang Mai, enjoy a visit to San Kampaeng to see local craftsmen make Thailand’s traditional lacquerware and antique wood furniture.
But that’s not all…visit the “Golden Triangle,” where Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet, and take a train ride over the famous River Kwai Bridge, part of the infamous Death Railway built by prisoners during World War II. Visit Hellfire Pass Memorial, which houses a museum detailing the life of the Allied prisoners and Asian laborers who helped build the railway. You’ll also spend time at an elephant sanctuary, where over 30 elephants room freely in a sustainable environment free from mistreatment.
Your budget-travel to Thailand is rich in experiences, sights, and welcoming people you’ll long remember!
Travel Dates: From 26/09/2019 to 05/12/2019
Duration: 15 days
Call 0800 24 35 44 and
quote deal number 5477160
- Breakfasts Included: 14
Lunches Included: 4
Dinners Included: 1
Breakfasts Included: 14
Lunches Included: 4
Dinners Included: 1
1 SIEM REAP, CAMBODIA.
Welcome to Cambodia! Your hotel room is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
2 SIEM REAP.
Your sightseeing tour starts at the best preserved of all the temples-ANGKOR WAT, honoring the Hindu god Vishnu. Next stop is ANGKOR THOM to see BAYON TEMPLE. One of the few Buddhist temples in Angkor, it features some 200 striking faces carved in 54 towers. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. (B,L)
3 SIEM REAP.
Today, visit the exquisite 10th-century BANTEAY SREI, a unique temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva that was built on a small scale from red sandstone, which can be carved like wood. Unlike the other temples, TA PROHM has been left relatively untouched. Surrounded by jungle, tree roots grow over and through the ruin walls, and you will experience the temple with the same wonder as the early explorers who discovered it. (B)
4 SIEM REAP-BANGKOK.
Today, fly to Bangkok, Thailand's capital city. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. (B)
Bangkok is an exhilarating blend of historic and religious monuments, chic modernity, exciting shopping, and friendly culture. An exciting day of sightseeing is ahead. Take in the city's principal landmarks such as the splendid TEMPLE OF THE GOLDEN BUDDHA and the spectacular TEMPLE OF THE RECLINING BUDDHA, the oldest and largest Buddhist temple in Bangkok. You will also visit the gleaming GRAND PALACE, Thailand's most sacred monument, and the spectacular TEMPLE OF THE EMERALD BUDDHA. This evening, enjoy a special THAI DINNER, accompanied by Thai classical music and dancers. (B,D)
Explore Bangkok at leisure, perhaps enjoying the great-value shopping, lively market, and delicious Thai cuisine. (B)
Visit the legendary DAMNOEN SADUAK FLOATING MARKET, where traders sell all manner of items from their boats, including exotic fruits, vegetables, silks, and toys. Then travel to Kanchanaburi on the banks of the Kwai River, famed for the River Kwai Bridge, built during WWII. Visit the ALLIED FORCES CEMETERY and spend time in the fascinating THAILAND-BURMA RAILWAY CENTRE. Today's highlight is a TRAIN RIDE across the famous bridge to Wang Po Station. This afternoon, visit HELLFIRE PASS MEMORIAL, part of the Death Railway that cuts through the mountains. Today, it houses a museum detailing life of the Allied prisoners and Asian labourers who helped build the railway, and subsequently suffered or died at Hellfire Pass. (B)
Today, head to Ayutthaya, ancient capital of Siam. Here, you will visit BANG PA-IN PALACE, which was built in the 18th century as a summer residence for the Kings of Ayutthaya. (B)
9 AYUTTHAYA-UTHAI THANI- PHITSANULOK.
Depart Ayutthaya to Uthai Thani and CRUISE along Sakaekrang River, enjoying the local life. Later, drive to Phitsanulok, one of Thailand's oldest cities, founded over 600 years ago. This evening, consider an optional rickshaw ride to experience Phitsanulok's colourful night market. (B,L)
10 PHITSANULOK-SUKHOTHAI- CHIANG RAI.
Journey to Sukhothai, Thailand's 13th-century former capital, and admire the atmospheric, moated Old Town. Here, you will visit SUKHOTHAI HISTORIC PARK, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and explore ruined temples and monasteries, including WAT SI CHUM with its stunning seated Buddha. Later, travel through rural countryside to Chiang Rai. (B)
11 CHIANG RAI. GOLDEN TRIANGLE EXCURSION.
Enjoy breathtaking vistas as you journey to Doi Mae Salong and visit a TEA PLANTATION. Continue to Mae Sai, Thailand's northernmost town, and on to the renowned GOLDEN TRIANGLE, where the borders of Thailand, Burma, and Laos meet. You may consider an optional boat tour on the Mekong River. (B,L)
12 CHIANG RAI-CHIANG MAI.
This morning visit WAT RONG KHUN, also known as the White Temple. Then, continue through lush jungle to Chiang Mai, a fragrant mountain retreat known as the "Rose of the North" for its refreshing climate. Upon arrival, visit SAN KAMPAENG to see local craftsmen make Thailand's traditional lacquerware and teakwood furniture. (B)
13 CHIANG MAI.
Spend the morning at an ELEPHANT SANCTUARY, where over 30 elephants roam freely in a safe and sustainable environment and are not subjected to mistreatment (including rides). Here, you have the chance to touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviours. This afternoon, visit WAT PHRA SINGH with its famous Buddha image, and WAT DOI SUTHEP, a temple tucked away in the mountains. For the final ascent to the temple, you can take a tram car or walk up the Naga (dragon-headed serpent) staircase, with more than 300 steps. (B,L)
14 CHIANG MAI.
Today is free for you to enjoy this dynamic city. You may opt to join our optional Thai cooking class and learn the secrets of traditional dishes. (B)
15 CHIANG MAI.
Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..