ONTARIO & FRENCH CANADA
Welcome to Ontario and Québec—where exciting cities and breathtaking scenery await you on this eastern Canada tour. You’ll spend two nights in Toronto, Ottawa, and the Québec City area, and one night in Montréal.
On your sightseeing tour in each city, you’ll see the must-see sights, such as the 1,815-foot-tall CN Tower in Toronto, Canada’s largest city; the Canadian Mint in Ottawa, Canada’s capital; Québec City’s Place Royale, the historic square known as the birthplace of French America; and Montréal’s Mount Royal, designed by the same designer as New York City’s Central Park. In Ottawa, you’ll visit the Royal Canadian Mounted Police stables, a tribute to Canadian heritage and history. In Québec, visit the Basilica of Notre Dame, dating to the 19th century, and Cap de la Madeleine, a national shrine with its fine stained-glass windows. Also enjoy time to explore Québec City, Canada’s only walled city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
But that’s not all…you’ll enjoy stunning scenery on this eastern Canada tour. For a tour highlight, board a sightseeing boat for a thrilling ride to view breathtaking Niagara Falls. You’ve seen photos of Niagara Falls, and now’s your chance to see it up close. These falls are nothing short of spectacular! Also enjoy a cruise that takes a scenic route through the many islands of St. Lawrence Islands National Park.
From the vibrant cities to the beautiful scenery, this eastern Canada tour designed for the value-minded traveller is a wonderful holiday!
Travel Dates: From 19/09/2019 to 17/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
- Breakfasts Included: 0
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
Breakfasts Included: 0
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
Welcome to Ontario's capital. Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
2 TORONTO. EXCURSION TO NIAGARA FALLS.
Skirt the shores of Lake Ontario to Niagara Falls, one of the Natural Wonders of the World. Board your SIGHTSEEING BOAT for a thrilling ride to view the thundering falls. Sightseeing also includes the beautiful Floral Clock and the city's major landmarks, such as the banking district, City Hall, the CN Tower, the University of Toronto, and ultra-modern Roger's Centre. This evening, enjoy an optional outing to the top of the CN Tower for a delicious dinner and spectacular views. NOTE: Operation of the Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise is subject to favourable weather conditions. When weather is unfavourable, a walking tour through the scenic tunnels will be substituted.
3 TORONTO-KINGSTON-THOUSAND ISLANDS NATIONAL PARK-OTTAWA.
Leave Ontario's capital and stop in Kingston, a city with an exciting history dating back more than 300 years. Proceed along the St. Lawrence River with splendid vistas of Thousand Islands National Park. At Ivy Lea, board your boat for a CRUISE that takes a scenic route through the many islands of St. Lawrence Islands National Park. Next, head to Ottawa, Canada's beautiful capital.
This morning, enjoy a sightseeing tour of this lovely city on the banks of the Ottawa River and the Rideau Canal. See the Canadian Mint; the embassy district; and stately Parliament Hill. Visit the ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE STABLES, a tribute to Canadian heritage and history. Suggestions for this afternoon include a visit to the magnificent Canadian Museum of History or the array of restaurants and shops at lively Byward Market. NOTE: Due to seasonal hours, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Stables will be closed and unavailable on the Aug. 29, Sept. 5, 12, 19, 26, and Oct. 3, 10 departures. All dates are subject to availability of the RCMP Stables, and can become unavailable at any time.
5 OTTAWA-QUEBEC CITY AREA.
Drive into the French-Canadian province of Quebec for a sudden change in language and tradition. Follow the historical King's Highway along the north shore of the mighty St. Lawrence River. Visit the BASILICA OF NOTRE DAME and CAP DE LA MADELEINE before arriving in Quebec City, the heart of French Canada and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
6 QUEBEC CITY AREA.
Enjoy a guided tour of Canada's only walled city, crowned by the turrets of Chateau Frontenac. Until the British victory of 1759, Old Quebec was the centre of New France; today, it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Within the walls resides Place d'Armes, Laval Seminary, the star-plan Citadelle, and ancient Place Royale. Also, see the stone houses crowding the narrow streets of Lower Town by the St. Lawrence River. The afternoon and evening are free-your Tour Director will have suggestions for sightseeing, shopping and dining.
7 QUEBEC CITY AREA-MONTREAL.
This morning, join a unique optional excursion to the Erabliere le Chemin du Roy Sugar Shack. Visitors to the sugar cabin will enjoy a typical Quebec breakfast, along with a guided visit and presentation to explain the process of maple extraction. Afterward, head south for sophisticated Montreal, one of Canada's largest cities. Major attractions on this afternoon's guided tour include once-walled Old Montreal, the Seminary of St. Sulpice, Mount Royal, and modern Montreal.
Your holiday ends this morning.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..