Costa Rica Beginner Surfing
With some of the most consistent surf in Costa Rica, Santa Teresa is the ideal place for a surf trip whether you’re a newbie or an experienced barrel-bandit. With included lessons and board hire, you can count on Costa Rica to provide the salty goods.
Destination: Costa Rica
Travel Dates: From 18/10/2019 to 03/01/2020
Duration: 4 days
Call 0800 24 35 44 and
quote deal number 5287620
- Fall in love with Santa Teresa’s laid-back vibe and quality, consistent waves
Head home with a head start on your new hobby
Make it an uber-wholesome trip with plenty of yoga classes and spas in town
Hotel (3 nights)
Age: min 18
Group Size: 1 - 12
Santa Teresa - Beginner surf lesson or Independent surfboard rental
Santa Teresa - Surfboard rental
Day 1: San Jose / Santa Teresa
Surf’s up amigas y amigos. You’ll be picked up this morning (8 am) from the foyer of Joining Point Hotel in San Jose Downtown (listed in the Essential Trip Information) and taken to the ferry port in Punta Arenas (1.5 hours). If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation in San Jose for you (subject to availability). If you require pick up from another hotel in Downtown San Jose or from the San Jose International Airport, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure. From here, take the ferry across the Gulf of Nicoya to Santa Teresa (1.5 hours) then jump on a shuttle bus to your hotel, arriving around 3 pm. The rest of the day is yours to relax.
Day 2: Santa Teresa
Time to hang ten. Well, time to at least give it a crack. Arrange a time for your surf lesson or, if you’re a certified salt-dog, pick up a board and hit the waves. Sit back and soak up some rays when you can and don’t forget to catch the ridiculous sunset.
Day 3: Santa Teresa
Perhaps wake up early to take up an optional yoga class, then spend the day taking in the sights and sounds of Santa Teresa. Utilise your included surfboard hire and hit the water once more to show off the sills you learnt yesterday. Enjoy your final night in Santa Teresa.
Day 4: Santa Teresa / San Jose Airport
Throw a goodbye shaka to Santa Teresa and your favourite new hobby. At 6:45 am you’ll return to San Jose the same way you came, via ferry to Punta Arenas and shuttle bus direct to San Jose International Airport. The shuttle returns to San Jose International Airport by 12 pm on Day 4; please do not book a departing flight prior to 15:00 (3 pm). If you’d like to stay in San Jose, you can book a transfer via your booking agent from the airport to Downtown. More importantly, buy a board when you get home. Even if you don't live near the beach, it's the perfect segue to tell everyone about your trip to Costa Rica.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..