Elegance of Egypt (Winter 2018-19)
Lovers of myth and mystery will be enchanted by the sites encountered on this journey. Many of Egypt’s cities and towns developed along the Nile, so a luxurious cruise on-board the River Tosca is like a window to the heart and soul of this amazing country.
Travel Dates: From 27/03/2019 to 02/04/2019
Duration: 7 days
Company: INSIGHT VACATIONS
- Inclusive Luxury Gold Services
You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
Relax in comfort on Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom, onboard restroom and and complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy while travelling
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room
Included complimentary, private transfers are available on start and end dates, and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold
Cairo at leisure.
Welcome to the timeless land of the pharaohs. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Begin your discovery of this timeless land with a visit to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza and enigmatic Sphinx. Walk in the footsteps of Julius Caesar and Napoleon as you enter inside one of these extraordinary creations. Afterwards, visit the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a Welcome Drink at the hotel. Later, drive to the pyramids to witness the magical Sound & Light Show, an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt.(Buffet Breakfast)
Fly to Aswan to join your cruise.
Board your plane for a morning flight across the desert to Aswan. Visit the Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Then cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex, moved stone-by-stone to its current location following the construction of the High Dam. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, with a colonial-style high tea on the terraces of the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on board your stylish and spacious cruiser, enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music.(Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Afternoon Tea / Dinner)
Kom Ombo to Edfu.
The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take an Bespoke Experience by air to visit the amazing temples of Abu Simbel? At lunchtime, set sail for the temple at Kom Ombo – a glorious sight as you approach by river. Unique in Egypt, it's dedicated to both the falcon-headed Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek. Then, drift past irrigated fields and palm-fringed villages to dock at Edfu. As evening falls, don your galabeyas, which are traditional Egyptian attire, for a fun-filled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.(Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Esna Temple and the Temple of Luxor.
Start with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed God Khnum, the God of creation. Then visit Esna Lock before sitting back and observing everyday life in rural Egypt as you float down-stream to Luxor. On arrival, visit the Temple of Luxor, lost for centuries beneath the streets of the town.(Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Luxor sightseeing and Cairo.
Across the Nile, to the west of the city, lies the necropolis of ancient Thebes. Stop for a photo of the Colossi of Memnon; these two giant seated figures of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. In the nearby Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian kings planned to meet their Gods in the afterlife. Visit some of their tombs, then continue to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rare female pharaohs. Next, visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread. Return to Luxor for your final highlight, Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to the vast Hypostyle Hall, housing 134 giant decorated columns. Afterwards, transfer to the airport for your flight back to Cairo.(Buffet Breakfast)
Your tour concludes after breakfast and you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to board your onward flight.(Buffet Breakfast)
Additional Included Highlights
Aswan: See Aswan's High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk. Kom Ombo: Learn about the only temple in Egypt that is dedicated to two gods. Esna: Visit Esna Temple, dedicated to the God of creation. West Bank: Visit the Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Hatshepsut. Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis where many Pharaohs were laid to rest, including Tutankhamun. Karnak: Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and afternoon tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
Nile Cruise: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans making authentic Egyptian bread.
Dining Summary: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 3 Lunches (L), 3 Dinners (D) all with bottled water, tea or coffee.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
Cairo: Overlooking the magnificent River Nile, the Conrad Cairo is centrally located and offers premium rooms, elegant dining and 24-hour entertainment with a glamorous International Casino.
Cruising: For the ultimate in luxury and refinement, set sail aboard the deluxe all-suite River Tosca. Experience old world elegance, blended with modern amenities and comfort. The spacious suites are tastefully designed with marble bathrooms. Outside on the sun deck, the pool and shaded cabanas offer an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy the ever-changing scenery.
Top Rated Highlights
Cairo: Gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - Tutankhamun’s treasure.
Giza: Meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis. Board a motorboat to get there.
Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple of Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..