On this Escape, you can experience Europe’s most popular destinations without the crowds—and even better—without the high-season prices. Rome, Florence, Venice, Lucerne, and Paris—these exciting and vibrant cities await you on this thrilling European tour. Guided sightseeing tours will highlight the must-see attractions, including the Vatican Museums with the Sistine Chapel in Rome; the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, where you will see Michelangelo’s famous David statue; the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, dating back to the 14th century; and a Seine cruise in Paris, where you’ll want your camera ready to capture the magnificent views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower.
Other highlights of this guided tour of Europe are a welcome dinner at a local restaurant in Rome, a pasta dinner in Venice, and a stop in the town of Lugano with its sparkling lake surrounded by the Alps. But that’s not all…throughout this European Escape, Globus has arranged VIP access for you. So, you won’t be waiting in long lines to enter the Vatican Museums in Rome or the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence. We work behind the scenes to minimize the lines and wait times, so you can maximize the fun. It’s a trip of a lifetime available at a price that screams, “Let’s go!”
Travel Dates: From 03/11/2019 to 16/12/2019
- Default highlight
Breakfasts Included: 8
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 3
1 ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY.
Welcome to Rome! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions and leave the hotel for a welcome dinner at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (D)
A fascinating day awaits. Your guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL where you can marvel at Michelangelo's ceiling paintings plus The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, drive to the Roman Forum and visit the amazing COLOSSEUM, where gladiators once fought. For those who wish to see it all, an optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to explore even more famous sites like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and more. (B)
A pleasant drive through the Tuscan hills brings you to Florence, the "Cradle of the Renaissance." Follow your Local Guide for a visit to the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS with Michelangelo's celebrated statue of David. Admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze "Gates of Paradise," and visit sculpturestudded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Time to check out the enticing shops with Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry on Piazza Santa Croce before arriving at your hotel. This evening, an optional dinner is available to enjoy Tuscan specialties. (B)
Enter Venice in style by PRIVATE BOAT and visit ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Admire the byzantine basilica, the Clock Tower, lavish Doges' Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. Also, watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. Then, you may wish to join an optional gondola ride. A PASTA DINNER is prepared for you at a local restaurant. (B,D)
5 VENICE-LUGANO, SWITZERLAND-LUCERNE.
Travel through the Po plains of Northern Italy, and enter Switzerland. Stop in Lugano with its sparkling lake surrounded by the Alps and explore the little shops along Via Nassa. Then, be inspired by the towering majesty of the Swiss Alps and St. Gotthard on the way to picturesque Lucerne. (B,D)
During your walking tour, admire Thorwaldsen's impressive LION MONUMENT and the ornate patrician houses lining the cobblestone streets of the Old Town. Cross the famous covered CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. Shop for Swiss watches or knives, and consider optional excursions to make the most of your stay. (B)
7 LUCERNE-PARIS, FRANCE.
Say Auf Wiedersehen to Switzerland and cross the border into France. On your way to Paris, drive past the vineyards of Burgundy with views of beautiful castles and pass the Fontainebleau Forest. An optional excursion is available to try out local specialties in one of Paris' lively restaurants, followed by a drive through the French capital. (B)
Discover the world capital of chic and style with a Local Guide and admire its most famous sights: the Opera, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees. Enjoy a SEINE CRUISE with spectacular views of Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower. Tonight, dinner and a lively cabaret show at the Moulin Rouge might just be the ticket! (B)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..