Paris Explorer Summer 2019
See the City of Lights, on this City Explorer holiday, as it has never been seen before - its hidden courtyards and arrondissements, each with their own distinct personality.
Travel Dates: From 29/09/2019 to 13/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
- Dining Highlights
7 hot buffet breakfasts
1 Regional Meal lunch
2 dinners with local wine
1 Parisian Brasserie voucher
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
VIP entry to many sights
Arrive Paris (7 Nights)
Paris is yours to explore on this in-depth City Explorer. Check in to your centrally located hotel and spend the afternoon getting to know your surrounds. Wander through the leafy boulevards and winding lanes of the French capital, stopping for a leisurely café au lait while watching sophisticated Parisians go by. This evening, join your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a quintessentially Parisian Welcome Reception.
Paris Sightseeing and At Leisure
Join your Travel Director this morning for a tour of this mesmerising city. View the grand Champs Élysées, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe, built by Napoleon in the 19th century. Delve into its hidden squares and secret passages, visiting one of Paris's most historic neighbourhoods and a favourite local haunt that remains a secret to outsiders. 'Dive Into Culture' this afternoon when we visit Fragonard Parfumerie for a visit with a certified 'nose' who will guide you in the creation of your own unique fragrance.
Paris At Leisure or Optional D-Day Beach Experience
Spend the day soaking up the sights and sounds of this elegant European capital. Your Travel Director will suggest activities and attractions that will ensure a memorable day spent discovering Paris. You may wish to experience a full-day Optional Experience on the northern coast of France to uncover the poignant history of the D-Day Landings. Spend your evening at leisure exploring the city's glittering sights at night.
Full-Day Excursion to the Palace and Royal Estate of Versailles
Tread in the footsteps of French nobility and explore the opulence and splendour of Versailles. Join a Local Specialist as you wander through the palace's extraordinary Hall of Mirrors and Battles Gallery. Stroll through the picturesque Royal Gardens and visit the Petit Trianon to see first-hand how the French Royal Family lived in private before discovering Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. Spend your evening at leisure and use your Brasserie voucher to dine at one of the nearby brasseries.
Walking Tour in the Marais and French Cuisine Experience
Explore the intriguing and beautiful Marais district on a walking tour. See the mansions and courtyards of this delightful corner of Paris. Then, 'Dive Into Culture', savouring the exquisite flavours of French cuisine as you meet a Parisian chef for an unforgettable lunch experience. Delve into local culinary secrets, and delicious flavours and aromas, which you will have an opportunity to create yourself and enjoy afterwards. Spend the rest of the day at leisure. This evening, perhaps connect with the pageantry of a traditional cabaret performance at the world-famous Moulin Rouge.
Visit Montmartre and the Louvre
A leisurely start to our morning sees us take a private street trolley car back in time to the colourful hillside "village" of Montmartre and home to the picturesque Sacré-Coeur. Join your Local Specialist and 'Dive Into Culture' as we tread in the footsteps of Picasso, Dali and Van Gogh, as you wander through hidden squares, artists' haunts and romantic hideaways. Spend the rest of the day on your own embracing your inner bon vivant, before embarking on a special evening experience at the renowned Louvre museum. Enjoy the quiet atmosphere of the museum during this Small Group Sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist.
Paris Morning At Leisure and Farewell Dinner
Perhaps, admire the exquisite collection of modern art in the Centre George Pompidou or enjoy an Optional Experience to explore the inspirational gardens of Monet at Giverny. This evening, join your Travel Director and companions for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
After breakfast, it's time to bid Paris au revoir as you prepare to return home after a memorable break in one of the world's greatest cities. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
WALKING TOUR in Paris with a Local Specialist
ORIENTATION tour in Paris
VISIT the Royal Estate of Versailles including the Royal Palace, Petit Trianon and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet "Le Petit Hameau" and the "village" of Montmartre
Take part in Trafalgar’s fragrance La Belle Vie workshop with a behind the scenes discovery at the Fragonard Museum
VIEW the Eiffel Tower, Champs Élysées, Paris Opera House, Arc de Triomphe, Place de la Concorde and Notre Dame Cathedral
SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy an in-depth, intimate guided tour at the fascinating Louvre Museum in a group size of no more than 25 guests.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..