the Treasures of France Including Normandy Summer 2019
Visit Joan of Arc's Rouen, the D-Day landing beaches at Omaha and Juno and marvel at the masterpieces of France's châteaux, before visiting vibrant Paris and soaking up its joie de vivre.
Travel Dates: From 21/09/2019 to 19/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
Call 0800 24 35 44 and
quote deal number 5320415
- Dining Highlights
7 hot buffet breakfasts
1 lunch (Be My Guest)
4 dinners with local wine
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
VIP entry to many sights
Bienvenue! The City of Lights welcomes you as you prepare to embark on an unforgettable journey through France. Join your fellow travellers and Travel Director this evening for a Welcome Reception and orientation drive to admire the beautiful cityscape of Paris - past grand boulevards and iconic sites like the Champs Élysées and the Arc de Triomphe.
Paris – Rouen – Honfleur – Bayeux - Normandy Beaches (2 nights)
This morning, we depart Paris and venture to the city of Rouen, the tragic site where Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake. We travel to the enchanting harbour town of Honfleur - its narrow lanes and colourful shopfronts have long attracted artists who have immortalised its beauty on canvas. Arriving in Bayeux, we visit the Tapestry Museum and see the Bayeux Tapestry, depicting events before and during the Battle of Hastings in 1066. This evening, we dine at our hotel.
Full day Normandy D-Day Landing Beaches including Omaha Beach and Juno Beach
We begin the day visiting the poignant D-Day Museum and the bunkers and Rangers Memorial at Pointe du Hoc. Pay tribute to the brave souls who lost their lives on the D-Day Landing Beaches of Omaha, imagining the sense of terror and triumph felt the fateful day that Allied forces set foot on mainland Europe. We stop for lunch in the seaside setting of Arromanches, once at the heart of the Normandy landings. Finish the day on the beaches of Juno, one of the five D-Day landing beaches.
Normandy Beaches – Mont St. Michel
This morning, travel to the fortified island town of Mont St. Michel. Here we'll join a Local Specialist for a tour of Mont St. Michel's medieval Benedictine Abbey. Legend has it, the abbey was built after the Archangel Michael appeared to the Bishop of Avranches inspiring him to build a church atop the island. Consider an Optional Experience to the historic walled port city of Saint-Malo, once the home of famous French explorer, Jacques Cartier.
Mont St. Michel – Loire Valley (2 nights)
Journey through the scenic countryside, stopping to 'Connect With Locals' over a light Be My Guest meal with wine at a 17th-century château set within beautiful gardens. We journey to the Loire Valley, where we will spend the next two nights.
We spend our day admiring the beautiful châteaux of the Loire Valley and join a Local Specialist for a visit to the Amboise Royal Château. It is here that King François I hosted Leonard da Vinci, whose tomb now lies in the Chapel of Saint-Hubert adjoining the château. We continue with a visit to Chenonceau, a château built on the Cher River. The château is often referred to as the Ladies Castle, due to the many women who influenced its construction and development. Today it contains priceless collections, including Renaissance furniture, tapestries and masterpieces by Rubens and Tintoretto.
Loire Valley – Chambord – Paris
Our first stop today is the royal Château de Chambord of King François I, regarded as one of the world's most remarkable châteaux, with its exquisite Italian Renaissance architecture and decorative moat. We journey back to Paris this afternoon and spend the rest of our day in the City of Lights with free time to take in some of the sights. Celebrate with your Travel Director and newfound friends this evening at a Farewell Dinner with local wines at a Parisian bistro.
For now it's time to say a fond au revoir to France and your fellow travellers at the end of a memorable trip. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
ORIENTATION of Paris, Bayeux and the Loire Valley
VISIT the town of Rouen, Honfleur, the Bayeux Tapestry, the Normandy D-Day landing beaches of Omaha and Juno, the monastery of Mont St. Michel, and the Châteaux of Amboise, Chenonceau and Chambord
VIEW the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe in Paris
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..