Taj Mahal Extension
Journey to India’s famous Taj Mahal, a majestic monument to love. Built by a Mughal emperor as tribute to his late wife, this incredible structure continually astounds visitors with its inspiring architecture and remains one of the world's finest examples of Islamic art. Beginning in Delhi, journey to Agra to see this iconic sight, enjoying plenty of sightseeing along the way. Watch the sun rise over the Taj before taking a trip to the magnificent sandstone Red Fort and experiencing the expansive deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri. Returning to Delhi, sample spicy curries and bargain at markets to get a feel for the unforgettable culture, colour and character of India.
Travel Dates: From 24/07/2019 to 01/01/2021
Duration: 3 days
Departing From: New
- This Short Break Adventure runs three times a week, so pick the date that suits you and add it to other travels in India or enjoy it on a quick stopover
Experience the sights with up to 12 other travellers, however with an average of 2-5 travellers per departure you'll have all the benefits of being in a special small group
Local guides to show you the most important sites and then freedom to do as you wish the rest of the time
This trip is available in Original or Comfort levels of accommodation so you can choose what is best for you
Wander Old Delhi on a walking tour and be immersed in the sights and sounds of this thriving and historical part of the city
Choose between sunset or sunrise visits to the Taj Mahal and decide for yourself if this is indeed the most beautiful structure known to mankind
- Read all about it before you go here: https://www
Stop in at the mighty Agra fort and deserted city of Fatehpur Sikri - both important and impressive historical sights from Mughal times
Hotel (2 nts)
Private vehicle,Cycle rickshaw,Shuttle bus
Age: min 5
Group Size: 1 - 12
Delhi - Old Delhi walking & rickshaw tour
Agra - Agra Fort
Agra - Taj Mahal
Fatehpur Sikri - Guided tour
Day 1: Delhi - Agra
Namaste! Welcome to India. Make your way way to the joining point listed in the Essentail Trip Information at 9am today. We will begin with a tour of Old Delhi. Your English speaking guide will take you by private vehicle to the heart of the city, pulsing with the energy and colour of bazaars and laced by mazes of narrow lanes full of the sights, sounds and smells of India. Visit the Jama Masjid Mosque, which boasts wonderful marble domes and tapering minarets. You can also ride a rickshaw around the back streets to experience the hustle and bustle of everyday Indian life. After a busy morning, stop for an optional lunch in Old Delhi before departing from Delhi at around 2 pm for the drive to Agra by a private air conditioned car (approx 5 hrs). Upon arrival, check in to your hotel in Agra with the assistance of our local representative who will provide you with a briefing of the next day's itinerary, including arranging the time of your Taj Mahal visit. The rest of the evening is free for you to explore or enjoy an evening meal.
Day 2: Taj Mahal - Agra
If you opt to view the Taj Mahal at sunrise you will be met at your hotel at approx 6 am by your guide who will brief and accompany you on today's activities. Alternatively if you opt for a later 2 pm visit to the Taj your guide will meet you at a time decided the previous evening (this is usually around 8.30 am in order to visit the Red Fort first). Visit the Taj Mahal - a masterpiece of shimmering white marble set amid beautiful formal gardens. Built by Emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his wife Mumtaz, this 'teardrop on the face of eternity' (as it was described by writer Rabindranath Tagore) lives up to all expectations. Visit Agra Fort on the banks of the Yamuna River. Built in 1565 by Emperor Akbar, the fort was originally designed to be a military structure. It was converted to a palace in Emperor Shah Jahan's time and eventually became his prison after he lost power in 1658. Today there will also be some free time to unwind and relax, explore the back lanes of Agra, visit the Taj again, or watch local artisans and villagers making handicrafts, marble inlay work, or carpets. A visit to the Sheroes Cafe, which provides employment for women who have been affected by acid attacks, is also highly recommended.
Day 3: Fatehpur Sikri - Delhi
After breakfast you will be met by your guide who will assist in checking you out of your hotel. Travel by private A/C vehicle towards Delhi, stopping en route at the deserted Mughal kingdom of Fatehpur Sikri (approx 4 hrs). Built by Emperor Akbar in 1569, it was abandoned after 15 years due to the scarcity of water. A highlight of the settlement is Jama Masjid, a striking mosque featuring elements of both Persian and Hindu design. The main entrance of the mosque is the impressive 54 metre-high Buland Darwaza, the Gate of Victory, constructed to commemorate Akbar's military victory in Gujarat. After this visit your guide will bid you farewell as you begin your journey back to Delhi. Your driver will drop you off at your hotel in Delhi. You can expect to arrive back in Delhi by approx 3 pm. If you are departing today, please do not book your flight before 8 pm to allow enough time to get to the airport and check in.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..