Beautiful Bali - For Solo Travellers
On this new adventure, designed for solo travellers only, travel to Bali and discover Indonesia's beautiful island escape. Dotted with small, character-filled villages, smouldering volcanoes rising out of lush rich fields, idyllic beaches and colourful reefs, Bali is the perfect island getaway. Conquer the slopes of simmering Mt Batur, explore an underwater world in Bali Barat National Park, feast on delicious Balinese cuisine and enjoy moments of absolute peace in Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a Hindu-Buddhist lake temple dedicated to the goddess of the waters. Fall in love with the warmth of the people, the ornate customs and welcoming culture that is synonymous with beautiful Bali.
Travel Dates: From 07/10/2019 to 21/12/2021
Duration: 9 days
- With hiking, cycling and snorkelling, this trip is steeped in outdoor activities
- But there's also plenty of time to relax – bathe in hot springs, laze on the beach or stroll around botanical gardens
Immerse yourself in Balinese culture – you'll eat street food with locals, meet songket weavers, witness a traditional Kecak dance performance and visit a Hindu-Buddhist island temple
Adventure to the summit of Mt Batur, where, on a clear morning, dazzling sunrise vistas stretch across the Lombok Strait, all the way over to the peaks of Mt Rinjani
Escape the tourists – and the heat – in Sidemen, a lovely, peaceful village nestled in the hills
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Guesthouse (1 night),Hotel (7 nights)
Age: min 18
Group Size: 1 - 12
Ubud - Campuhan Ridge & Village walk
Ubud - Kecak dance performance
Ubud - Bayung Gede (Kahyangan) Village to Tampak Siring cycling tour
Sidemen - Village tour & traditional lunch
Mt Batur - Entrance Fee
Mt Batur - Sunrise volcano climb
Lovina - Menjangan Island Reef snorkeling tour
Lovina - Banjar Hot Springs
Munduk - Waterfall walk
Lovina - Seririt Market visit
Bedugul - Bali Botanical Gardens
Bedugul - Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple
Day 1: Ubud
Om Swastiastu! Welcome to Ubud, Bali's largest Hindu town, and artistic and cultural heart. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. Afterwards, perhaps head out to for a group meal at one of the delicious local restaurants.
Day 2: Ubud
Start the day with a guided walking tour (about 2.5 hours). Gain an insight into daily village life as you pass lush rice fields, an alang alang valley (type of wild grass used to make the roof of traditional buildings) and stop by a traditional Balinese home for coffee. The tour ends in central Ubud, where you'll have time to explore the many cafes, galleries and shops on your own. In the evening sit down to a traditional Kecak dance performance. Driven not by musical instruments, but by human chanting, this fascinating theatrical performance is considered a highlight by many travellers.
Day 3: Sidemen
Today you’ll explore the area from a different angle – from the saddle of a bike. Enjoy a 2.5-hour tour through backstreets, quaint villages and rice fields, waving to the locals as you go. It’s a relatively easy ride – much of the route is downhill – and there will be plenty of opportunities to stop for photos or a brief rest. You’ll also stop to check out some small, intricately carved temples, before concluding your bike tour back in Ubud. After refuelling at lunch, head for the hills to the village of Sideman, travelling by private minivan (about 2 hours). Set against a backdrop of Bali's highest peak, Mt Agung, the peaceful village of Sidemen is proof that Bali still has some pockets that are untouched by tourism. Keep in mind, it's a little cooler up here, thanks to the elevation. You may want to pack a sweater.
Day 4: Mt Batur
Take a morning walk (approximately 2.5 hours) around Sidemen, visiting the craftspeople of the local songket weaving industry. A traditional 'bungkus' lunch is included. The walk is a great chance to take in the beautiful scenery. Continuing your journey higher into the mountains, drive along the crater rim road to a fishing village on the edge of Lake Batur (approximately 2 hours). Volcanic Mt Batur (1,717 m) sits inside a stark and spectacular caldera, and with Lake Batur below it's a stunning sight. The lake supports the local fishing industry, while many of the villagers work as guides for the volcano climb. Your accommodation at the base of Mt Batur is a basic hotel with a restaurant. This is a great location at which to start tomorrow's early morning trek without extra travelling time.
Day 5: Lovina
It’s a very early start today – you’ll have to wake at 3 am to begin the 1.5 to 2-hour walk to the summit of Mt Batur in order to reach it before sunrise. Trust us, it’s worth the effort. On a clear morning, it's possible to see all the way across the Lombok Strait to the peaks of Lombok's Mt Rinjani. The view of the gorgeous sunrise over the valleys of Bali may well be the most memorable part of your trip. Do keep in mind, however, that the weather can be unpredictable and sometimes the view is obscured by clouds. After descending the volcano, there's an option to soak in hot springs with fantastic views over the lake and caldera. Then make the journey from the mountains to the small coastal town of Lovina (approximately 3 hours). Lovina is famous for the dolphins that patrol its coast. It's also a great spot for fine food, traditional massages and yoga.
Day 6: Lovina
Enjoy a day of snorkelling amongst Menjangan Island’s coral reef, part of the Bali Barat National Park. We will drive approx. 1.5 – 2 hours (each way) and then take a boat ride of around 20 mins into the National Park at Menjangan. On the way back, you’ll stop for a soak at Banjar Hot Spring, a small spring popular with the locals. Tonight, head to Ibu Wayan's to learn about Balinese cuisine before sitting down to a home-cooked meal.
Day 7: Bedugul
After breakfast, visit the local market then head to the tiny hilltop village of Munduk (approximately 1 hour) where you’ll walk through aromatic clove and coffee plantations to a spectacular hidden waterfall. Continue inland to the picturesque mountain town of Bedugul (approximately 1 hour). It’s a good idea to pack warm clothing as the early mornings and evenings can be quite cool. Spend the afternoon strolling amongst more than 2000 species of plants indigenous to Indonesia at the Bali Botanical Gardens.
Day 8: Sanur
Start the day with a visit to Lake Bratan for a delightful view of Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, a Hindu-Buddhist temple set on a small island in the lake. Continue by minivan to Sanur and enjoy some free time there in the afternoon. Perhaps enjoy a stroll along Bali's first beachfront walk, watch the fishermen in the shallows or kick back and relax at one of the beachside restaurants. Get a feel for the traditions and local customs which are well maintained here. Ancient temples are easily accessible – just a short distance away from the beach.
Day 9: Sanur
Your trip comes to an end after breakfast today. If you are staying longer in Sanur you may want to consider some of these optional activities.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..