Bali and paradise are synonymous with each other. Everyone who visits always has a reason to come back, be it to explore the rich history, stunning beaches or the flourishing landscapes they might have missed the first time around. This adventure takes you to the lesser-visited east coast of Bali, allowing you to experience it all at in the one go. Get your cultural fix at the temple of Gunung Kawi or the stunning water palace of Tirta Gangga, dive into the ruins of the USS Liberty off the coast of Tulamban or simply kick back in style at the resort like beaches of Seminyak – enjoying comfortable accommodation and plenty of exploration time along the way.
Travel Dates: From 29/12/2019 to 06/01/2022
Duration: 9 days
Call 0800 24 35 44 and
quote deal number 4916540
- Immerse yourself in the Balinese lifestyle – eat a local lunch, visit local temples and get under the skin of local culture
Discover Ubud, and take in the scenery and surrounding rice terraces, as well as the amazing food
Explore some of Bali's famous world class beaches, then spend some time off the beaten track to find the lesser known spots
Visit a village that has made amazing efforts to conserve their reef and by doing so, saving their community
Discover the wreckage of the USS Liberty on a snorkelling trip at Tulamben, witnessing how nature has curiously fused with this man-made construct
Enjoy comfortable accommodation and free time to allow you to relax and unwind or make the most of life by the pool
Breakfasts Included: 8
Lunches Included: 2
Hotel (8 nts)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
Ubud - Pura Tirta Empul Temple
Ubud - Gunung Kawi Temple
Ubud - Tegalalang Rice Terraces
Ubud - Kecak dance performance
Ubud - Campuhan Ridge & Village walk
Candidasa - Tenganan Village walk
Candidasa - Taman Ujung Water Palace
Candidasa - Puri Agung Karangasem Palace
Amed - Tirta Gangga Walk & Palace Tour
Les Village - Community visit, waterfall walk & lunch
Tulamben - USS Liberty shipwreck snorkeling
Day 1: Seminyak
Welcome to Bali! Your first destination is Seminyak, an upmarket, laid back beach town with open beaches, curious buildings, and more spas, massages and treatments than you can poke a stick at. You'll be met on arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport (commonly referred to as Denpasar Airport) and transferred to your hotel. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. If you arrive early, head out and explore the many shops and restaurants all within walking distance from your hotel, or head to the beach for a swim and see for yourself why these beaches are so popular.
Day 2: Ubud
Leave Seminyak and transfer to Ubud. Along the way, visit the Tirta Empul Temple, famous for its holy spring water where Balinese Hindus go for ritual purification. Take a second stop at the Temple of Gunung Kawi, an 11th-century temple and funerary complex with rice fields sit like a red (or green) carpet to the entrance. There is approximately 300 steps you need to climb down and back to visit the Gunung Kawi, so we recommend you take your time, carry plenty of water and stop to take many photos of the beautiful rice terraces along the way. Upon arrival at Ubud, perhaps marvel at the halls of the Ubud Palace before enjoying the rest of the day at your own pace.
Day 3: Ubud
Ubud is Bali's main arts and cultural centre, recently made famous by the Hollywood movie 'Eat Pray Love'. It's a wonderful place to experience the magic that has made Bali such a popular travel destination.Today take a leisurely walk along Campuhuan Ridge to fully appreciate the lush green surrounds of Ubud. Enjoy some free time this afternoon, perhaps explore the Blanco Renaissance Museum, the Puri Lukisan Museum, the numerous Hindu temples or the Puri Saren Agung in depth. Tonight learn about the traditional art of Kecak dancing, a fascinating dance and theatrical performance in conjunction with human chanting.
Day 4: Candidasa
Depart from Ubud in the morning and travel to Taman Ujung Water Palace in a private minivan (approx. 2.5 hours) The Ujung Water Palace once served as a home for royalty, but is now known as a park for locals. Sitting in the middle of three large pools, the main building, known as Gili Bale, sits in tranquillity next to beautiful stone arches and well maintained gardens. Afterwards you will head to Candidasa a journey of around 30 mins. In the afternoon, take a short trip to nearby Tengangan Village to walk around this historic town. According to legend, the people of Tengangan were selected by the god Indra as the caretakers of the land, ordered to use every means to keep the area pure and clean in both the spiritual and physical senses. Later, enjoy some free time, perhaps spend some time relaxing around the town’s attractive lagoon or take a swim in the inviting waters. There is also an optional cooking class that you can take part in late afternoon in Candidasa.
Day 5: Candidasa
Today’s journey takes you to nearby Puri Agung Karangasem - also known as Amlapura Palace, an exceptional structure that employs a unique mix of Chinese and European influences. The Palace’s buildings are reserved for ceremonies and visits by the occasional tourist – however the last king loved designing water gardens and the nearby Tirta Gangga Water Palace stands as a testament to his skills. After exploring Puri Agung Karangasem you will head to Tirta Gangga for a walk around this magnificent water garden. There will be the chance to take a dip in one of the pools (at your own cost) before taking lunch. Then return to you beach resort in the middle of the afternoon.
Day 6: Les Village - Tulamben
This morning you will head to the North coast of Bali to a community based tourism initiative, a journey of about 2 hours. Here the community has developed a reef rehabilitation and plastic recycling program. On arrival, take a walk to a waterfall – the walk is through primary jungle along a mainly flat path but can be muddy after rainfall so good shoes need to be worn. At the waterfall there is the option to cool off in the falls before returning the same way. After working up an appetite enjoy a delicious home cooked lunch in the community restaurant. Later, head to Tulamben where you will be staying for the next 2 days.
Day 7: Tulamben
Today, snorkel at the nearby shipwreck of the US cargo ship Liberty. This old boat, sunk by a Japanese submarine in 1942, lies just off shore and has since turned the location into one of Bali’s most popular diving sites with up to 100 divers descending to the wreck each day. Take the opportunity to snorkel around this wreck and witness the coral and sea life that now calls the wreckage home. This is a shore snorkel and the wreck is located approximately 20m from shore. Life jackets are available for less confident swimmers.
Day 8: Seminyak
In the morning, jump back into your private minivan and head back to Seminyak. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you please, perhaps explore the resort like restaurants and clubs at your own place, hunt down some of the designer shops and galleries, or even just mellow out on the beach before your trip comes to an end tomorrow.
Day 9: Seminyak
Your trip comes to an end after breakfast today. If you are staying longer in Bali we recommend the below activities. Let your tour leader know if you are interested in any of these and they can help you to book them.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..