Immerse yourself in the amazing scenery, rich culture and incredible diversity of Indonesia's tropical Lombok island. Get off the beaten track as you spend time in rural villages, take a variety of transportation, meet lots of locals and discover the fascinating Sasak culture. From chilling out in beach side Sanur and the tranquil hill retreat of Tetebatu, to savouring views of the highly revered Mt Rinjani and relaxing on the magical Gili Islands, once you travel to Indonesia, you won't ever want to leave!
Travel Dates: From 21/09/2019 to 01/01/2022
Duration: 8 days
- Lombok and the Gili Islands are less frequented than their Balinese neighbour, yet offer beautiful mountain scenery and pristine beaches
Visiting the Masbagik pottery village, Tetebatu and Senaru gives you an insight into local customs and culture, and of course the delicious local food!
Stay on the East Coast of Lombok in an area off the tourist trail
- Take a snorkelling trip in the coral reef just a short trip off the coast and enjoy lunch on a secluded island
Finish up on the beautiful Gili Air, and enjoy free time to spend as you see fit before a final seafood BBQ
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 2
Dinners Included: 2
Beach bungalow (2 nights),Guesthouse (1 night),Hotel (4 nights)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Masbagik - Village walk & pottery demonstration
Pringasella - Village walk & Sasak feast
Labuhan Pandan - Snorkeling & picnic lunch
Labuan Pandan - BBQ dinner
Senaru - Waterfall walk
Senaru - Sasak village walking tour
Day 1: Sanur
Om Swastiastu! Welcome to Bali. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1. You can arrive at any time during the day as there are no activities planned until this important meeting. Check with the hotel reception where and when it will take place, or check the reception notice boards. Start your adventure in Sanur, with a quick taste of Bali. Sanur is home to one of best Balinese Night Markets.
Day 2: Tetebatu
Travel by minivan from Sanur to the port of Padang Bai (approximately 1.5 hours). Then you'll take a fast boat that takes you from Bali to Lombok (approximately 1.5-2 hours). Stop for lunch in a basic Warung – a traditional Indonesian style cafe, before taking a mini bus to Tetebatu (approximately 2 hours). On the way, stop at Masbagik Village which is well known for its pottery products and where you will get to see the pottery being made and enjoy a short walk around the village. The hill retreat of Tetebatu is situated in the centre of Lombok, at the southern base of Mt Rinjani, and boasts spectacular views. Tonight you will enjoy an included dinner at a family run restaurant that provides traditional Lombok style cuisine.
Day 3: Labuhan Pandan
Enjoy a guided walk through lush rice fields and see how the region's farmers have tended the land for centuries, still using traditional water buffalo ploughs. Climb a little higher and pass through clove and coffee plantations and stop at a local warung to try some local coffee (approximately 2.5 hours total). Visit the local village of Pringgasela to learn traditional weaving and enjoy a delicious Sasak feast. In the afternoon return to the hotel, then travel to Labuhan Pandan on the East Coast of Lombok. This remote beachside location is little visited by tourists. Tonight we will stay in our bungalow accommodation amid the peace and quiet of the secluded coast.
Day 4: Labuhan Pandan
Take a trip out to the nearby coral reef and enjoy some fantastic snorkelling off the boat. Stop in at a secluded island for lunch with Mt Rinjani towering over Lombok. Tonight, eat a fresh seafood barbecue on the beach.
Day 5: Senaru
Travel by minibus around the spiritual centre and sleeping giant of the island, Mt Rinjani (approx 2 hours). Arrive around midday at Senaru, a small, rustic village nestled between the base of Mt Rinjani and the edge of the jungle.Take a guided tour of the local Sasak village to learn about the history and culture of these people who have long lived on the slopes of Mt Rinjani. Here our local guide is part of a female guiding association that trains and develops women in tourism. You will also take a walk to the spectacular Singang Gila waterfall, and perhaps take a refreshing shower underneath it.
Day 6: Gili Air
Continue to the west coast today by minibus (approximately 2.5 hours). The Gili Islands (Tiga Gili) are an archipelago of three small islands – Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air. Transfer by small boat to Gili Air (approximately 30 minutes), where you can take in the breezy atmosphere and stroll down stunning white beaches that rival those of the neighbouring islands. Your hotel is about a 15-minute walk from the port. Your bags can be transported by cidemo (horse cart) from the port to the hotel.
Day 7: Gili Air
The island is your oyster and today is completely free to relax or explore. Perhaps take in another snorkeling trip, or catch a ferry across to the other islands of Gili Trawangan and Gili Meno and see who has the better beaches. This evening enjoy an optional final group dinner on the beachfront as you say farewell to your fellow travellers.
Day 8: Gili Air
Your trip comes to an end today. Perhaps extend your stay on the blissful Gili Air.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..