Enchanting Emerald Isle Summer 2019
Centuries of Irish heritage and culture are revealed on this adventure across the windswept valleys of Ireland, from Dublin's Georgian Squares to the Anglo-Norman Kilkenny Castle on the Nore River.
Travel Dates: From 22/09/2019 to 20/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
- Dining Highlights
7 full breakfasts
5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Ferry across the Shannon estuary
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
Services of a professional Travel Director
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
VIP entry to many sights
Arrive Dublin – Afternoon Sightseeing
A warm welcome to Dublin, a modern multi-cultural city that embraces its past and exudes an enduring sense of fun. Meet your Local Specialist this afternoon for a guided city tour to view the elegant Georgian Squares and St. Patrick's Cathedral. A special Welcome Reception this evening sees you visiting EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum.
Dublin – Strokestown – Enniscrone
Journey through the lush green countryside before your first stop at Strokestown where we will 'Dive Into Culture' at the Irish Famine Museum, delving into the stories of the 1840s famine. See the haunting pleas of starving tenants on the estate and the response they received, before continuing to Enniscrone.
Enniscrone – Westport – Galway
Travel to Westport and meet your Local Specialist for a walking tour during which you'll learn about the town's heritage - from its settlement 5,000 years ago to modern-day times. Visit the Benedictine monastery of Kylemore Abbey, set against the striking backdrop of Lake Kylemore, and stroll through its walled Victorian gardens. We continue to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll view Galway Cathedral and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
Galway – Cliffs of Moher – Killarney (2 Nights)
The sheer Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean, providing endless ocean views which we'll have an opportunity to admire during a morning visit. Later, we cross the Shannon estuary by ferry to Killarney, our home for the next two nights. Spend a free evening soaking up some unforgettable Irish craic or delve into the town's centuries-old history.
Ring of Kerry Excursion
Dramatic vistas are ours to enjoy as we circle the achingly beautiful Ring of Kerry - one of the most scenic drives on the Emerald Isle. See a soul-stirring landscape that has inspired poets, artists and writers for centuries, before returning to Killarney where you have the rest of the afternoon free to explore on your terms. Consider a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall with a Local Specialist taking you along the lakeshore and past the farmlands of the 19th-century Muckross Estate. Please Note: This leisurely paced walk meanders over wooded paths and lakeshore trails. Walkers should wear good walking shoes for a stroll through picturesque surrounds.
Killarney – Blarney – Kilkenny
Kiss the famous Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and receive the 'gift of the gab'. Travel to County Kilkenny to discover the 12th-century town of Newtown Jerpoint and hear about the saint buried there, who inspired the legend of Santa Claus. Later, we meet local farmers Joe and Maeve O'Connell at their home, Belmore House, to 'Connect With Locals' over a Be My Guest dinner and hear the tale of the 'lost' town.
Kilkenny – Dublin
Visit Kilkenny Castle, an Anglo-Norman stone castle that sits majestically over the Nore River. In the castle basement, you'll find the Butler Gallery, one of Ireland's most important art galleries outside of Dublin. Returning to the Irish capital, visit Trinity College and enjoy priority access to see the Book of Kells, said to be the world's most famous medieval manuscript. All that's left to say is a rousing sláinte or two while you indulge in a memorable Farewell Dinner, enjoying a fun night out at a classic public house in the city. Admire the authentic Victorian bar and walk up the original staircase from Trinity College, which was featured in the Michael Caine film 'Educating Rita'.
It's time to close the chapter on an unforgettable Irish holiday. We bid our newfound friends and Travel Director a fond farewell. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
WALKING TOUR in Killarney National Park
CITY TOUR in Dublin and walking tour in Westport
ORIENTATION of Galway and Killarney
VISIT EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, Strokestown Park House, Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Kilkenny Castle and Trinity College
SCENIC CRUISE across the Shannon Estuary
VIEW St. Patrick's Cathedral, Galway Cathedral, the mountains of the Connemara and Torc Waterfall
SEE Dublin's Georgian Squares
SCENIC DRIVE along the Ring of Kerry
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..