Irish Elegance (Summer 2019)
Showcasing the very best sights and scenery of Ireland including the Wild Atlantic Way and a night at the magnificently restored Ashford Castle.
Travel Dates: From 22/09/2019 to 06/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
Company: INSIGHT VACATIONS
- Included Insight Services
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
In Dublin’s Fair city.
Welcome to Dublin. On arrival at Dublin airport, your airport transfer shuttle service leaves for your hotel at 08:30, 11:00 and 13:00. Meet your Travel Director at 14:30 for an orientation tour that brings to life Dublin’s architectural treasures and history, stretching back more than 1,000 years. As you travel along O'Connell Street and the River Liffey you will see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse and Dublin Castle. Walk the cobbled courtyards of Trinity College while accompanied by a university insider who will share insights into modern life and the establishment's impressive history. Then, enjoy VIP priority entry to the 9th century Book of Kells. Back at your hotel, join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Reception with drinks and the opportunity to mingle and get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.(Dinner with Wine)
Cashel and Blarney, heading for Killarney.
Depart Dublin, and pass the famous Curragh Racecourse and green meadows where many of the finest Irish racehorses are bred. Driving south, stop to visit the spectacular Rock of Cashel, crowned with medieval buildings that dominate the flat countryside for miles around. Continue to Blarney Castle where you climb to the ramparts and kiss the magical stone to ensure a lifetime of eloquence. Head to Killarney, where you may fancy a ‘pint of porter.' This town on the lakes is famous for its lively pubs so in the evening why not join in the ‘craic’?(Breakfast / Dinner)
Ring of Kerry Experience.
In the morning, marvel at spectacular mountain and sea views as you travel the road that winds around the beautiful Iveragh Peninsula, better known as the Ring of Kerry. There is a chance to join a hike with a Local Expert along the lake shore and past the farmlands of the Muckross Estate, admiring the spectacular scenery. Walk by West Meadow Bay and see Muckross House. While there are no mountains to climb, walkers should be fit, have good walking shoes or boots, sunscreen and rain gear. For those who do not want to join the hike, the coach will return to Killarney, where the rest of the day is at leisure.(Breakfast)
The Cliffs of Moher and on to Galway.
Cross the Shannon Estuary by ferry and enter County Clare. Stop at the Exhibition Centre and enjoy a walk along the Cliffs of Moher, raised approximately 700 feet above the pounding Atlantic waves. Then travel north across the Burren, a suddenly stark and barren landscape, scarred with interesting limestone creases. Journey to Galway, the City of the Tribes, and visit the lovely cathedral. Take in the scenery from your hotel, which is spectacularly set on the shores of Galway Bay.(Breakfast / Dinner)
Embark on a superb excursion through the Connemara National Park and see a wonderland of rivers, lakes and silent hills. Stop at lakeside Kylemore Abbey - a neo-Gothic mansion surrounded by lush, green forest; occupied today by a Benedictine community of nuns who came from Ypres after World War I.(Breakfast)
Majestic Ashford Castle.
Sitting on the edge of Lough Corrib and nestled on the border of County Galway and County Mayo, is the delightful Cong. You may recognise much of the town as it was used as the location in the 1952 film, 'The Quiet Man.' With free time to explore this quintessential Irish village, see the statue of the lead characters played by John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, and the ruins of the Medieval Cong Abbey. Then a short drive down the road leads you to the highlight of your travels, where a lone piper escorts you over the drawbridge to majestic Ashford Castle. Your exquisite hotel provides a romantic backdrop in superior surroundings, offering both relaxation and comfort. There are many opportunities to explore the vast estate, pamper yourself at the spa, or get to know the hawks and woodland surroundings at the hotel's falconry school. Dining at Ashford Castle ranks among the finest culinary experiences in the world. Creative cooking, locally sourced ingredients and an innovative menu await at your Celebration Dinner. Gentlemen, a jacket is required.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Across the Emerald Isle to Dublin.
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the morning and perhaps a stroll on the estate? Then cross the midlands to Dublin where the rest of the day is free for independent activities and maybe some last minute shopping.(Breakfast)
Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Dublin airport at 07:00, 09:00 and 11:00.(Breakfast)
Ashford Castle: One of the finest culinary experiences in the world - a delicious Farm-to-Table menu awaits at you.
Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entry to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a University insider.
Killarney: Join a Local Expert for a one-hour hike on wooded paths and lakeside trails along West Meadow Bay.
Stay in Style
Dublin: Located in the heart of the docklands, the Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane is walking distance from Dublin city centre shopping and iconic venues.
Killarney: In the heart of the town centre, the Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa overlooks Killarney National Park and is the perfect location to enjoy the stunning scenery and the local 'craic.'
Galway: Set on the coast, the Connemara Coast Hotel offers spectacular views of Connemara and continues a tradition in hospitality dating back to 1839.
Ashford Castle: Formerly the home of the Guinness family, the magnificent Ashford Castle is now an award-winning hotel boasting sumptuous suites, antique furniture and unique historic features in a regal setting. Its recent multi-million-dollar renovation only adds to its allure. Set in a 350-acre estate in the countryside, it is the perfect destination for those looking for a romantic getaway or for guests who simply want to get back to nature. Expect warm Irish hospitality and charm aplenty.
Top Rated Highlights
Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O'Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
Cashel: Once the seat of the Kings of Munster. Visit the spectacular rock, reputed to be the site of the conversion of King Aengus by St Patrick.
Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. You are invited to dangle from the ramparts of Blarney Castle to acquire the gift of the gab.
Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lakelands and remote villages as you travel the Ring of Kerry.
Shannon Estuary: Cross the estuary by ferry.
Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and overlook the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
Galway: See the stunning cathedral of the City of Tribes.
Connemara: Visit the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey, steeped in history and tales of tragedy and romance.
Cong: Enjoy time as you wish to explore this delightful, quintessential Irish village, used as the location for 1952 film, 'The Quiet Man.' See the statue of the lead characters played by John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, and the ruins of the Medieval Cong Abbey.
Ashford Castle: On arrival to Ashford Castle, you are escorted over the drawbridge by a lone piper for a majestic entrance fit for royalty.
Scenic Drives: The Irish scenery is one of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel along the Ring of Kerry and through County Clare, Burren and Connemara.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..