Best of Israel Summer 2019
Visit the tomb of King David and the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. Float in the Dead Sea, pray at the Wailing Wall and explore Tel Aviv.
Travel Dates: From 26/09/2019 to 01/11/2019
Duration: 9 days
- Dining Highlights
8 Israeli breakfasts
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Hand-picked Trip Highlights
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
An expert Travel Director and a professional Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
VIP entry to many sights
Arrive Tel Aviv – Jerusalem (4 Nights)
Your pilgrimage through a land regarded by many as the holiest of the holy begins in the sacred city of Jerusalem, which you will have an opportunity to explore before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Drink to herald an epic journey into antiquity. L'chaim!
Mount Zion – The Old City Of Jerusalem
Tread in the footsteps of prophets, crusaders and kings, admiring the Old City of Jerusalem from the sacred vantage point of the Mount of Olives. Ascend to Mount Zion to visit the tomb of King David and see the room where Jesus and his disciples shared in the Last Supper near Zion Gate. We stroll through the Jewish Quarter to the Wailing Wall. Here we'll 'Dive Into Culture' and watch faithful Jews cede their prayers to the crevices of its ancient rocks. See the Dome of the Rock on Temple Mount and follow the path taken by Christ past the Stations of the Cross along the Via Dolorosa to Golgotha, arriving at the 4th-century Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Christians gather to commemorate at the traditional site of His Resurrection.
Jerusalem – Dead Sea – Masada – Jerusalem
Journeying across the rocky Judean Desert, we pass by the sight where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found accidentally by a Bedouin boy in 1947. A short drive and journey up the cableway brings us to the striking cliff-top fortress of Masada where a Roman siege ended in the tragic mass suicide of over 900 Zealots. Their sacrifice remains as a symbol of Israel's pledge to remain free. Stroll through the excavations of Herod's palatial retreat, before returning to the lowest point on earth to float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea (time permitting). This evening, we share a traditional meal at our hotel in Jerusalem.
Jerusalem Free Day
Enjoy a full day at leisure to delve into the centuries-old history of Jerusalem. Discover the meeting place of three great religions and the ancient sites that remain as a testament to their vast heritage. From the Christian Quarter Road and market stalls of the Muslim Quarter, to Hurva Square, the social centre of the Jewish Quarter - the city's treasures and diverse community are yours to explore during your free time. Wander through the Old City and into the New City to celebrate its talented artists in Ein Kerem or enjoy a coffee stop at a friendly café in the German Colony.
New City Of Jerusalem – Lower Galilee (2 Nights)
We continue our compelling discovery of Jerusalem and visit Yad Vashem to commemorate the millions of lives lost in the Holocaust during World War II. We'll see the Dead Sea Scrolls at Israel Museum's Shrine of the Book, the Knesset and the Givat Ram Campus of the Hebrew University, before travelling through the farmlands of the Jordon Valley. Celebrate a strong sense of community at your overnight stop at a Kibbutz hotel, where you'll dine this evening.
Excursion Megiddo – Nazareth – Capernaum – Mount Of Beatitudes
Ascend to the hilltop 'chariot city' and battlegrounds of Megiddo to see the excavations of Solomon's Stables. Our next stop is the sacred Catholic shrine of the Church of the Annunciation at Nazareth and the ruins of the old synagogue at Capernaum, said to have been built on the home of St. Peter. Later, we continue to the Mount of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount. This evening, we dine at our hotel in Galilee.
Lower Galilee – Tzfat – Acre – Haifa – Caesarea – Tel Aviv (2 Nights)
Venture to one of Judaism's Four Holy Cities and the birthplace of the Kabbalah movement, exploring the ancient synagogue and artists' colony of Tzfat. We continue to the almost-intact 12th-century underground City of Acre to admire its medieval Crusader buildings, before enjoying views of the Baha'i Shrine and the beautiful Persian Hanging Gardens of Haifa, created as a memorial to the founders of the Baha'i faith. Imagine seafaring traders plying their wares in the ancient port city of Caesarea, then travel to the vibrant city of Tel Aviv, our home for the next two nights.
Tel Aviv Sightseeing and Free Time
Join a Local Specialist this morning to stroll through the ancient ruins of Old Jaffa to explore biblical stories and ancient mythology. Continue to Newe Zedek, the first neighbourhood of Tel Aviv. Soak up the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Rothchild Boulevard, then drive to Rabin Square, where you'll learn about the assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin who has become a symbol of the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Indulge all your senses on your final stop in Tel Aviv - the smells of roasted coffee and freshly baked bread provide a welcome backdrop for your leisurely journey past bustling market stalls before you return to your hotel for an evening at leisure.
Depart Tel Aviv
Our epic journey through the sacred lands of Israel has come to an end. All that's left to say is a fond farewell to fellow pilgrims as you prepare for your journey home. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
CITY TOUR in Jerusalem
VISIT the tomb of King David on Mount Zion, the Fortress of Masada, the Church of Annunciation in Nazareth, the old Synagogue and the Mount of Beatitudes near Capernaum, the ancient Synagogue and artists' colony at Tzfat, the underground Crusader City of Acre
VIEW the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, the Baha'i Shrine from the summit of Mount Carmel in Haifa, the excavations of Solomon's Stables and the Roman Amphitheatre and the aqueduct at Caesarea
SEE the Mount of Olives and the former Syrian bunkers at Golan Heights
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..