Experience the Italian icons you’ve always wanted to see. With an independent touring style of Cosmos Lite, you see and do only what you want each day of your escorted tour of Italy. With Cosmos Lite, you can set out with the activities and pace just perfect for you to explore the eternal city of Rome, picturesque Tuscany, spectacular Cinque Terre, intriguing Genoa, and the fashionable mecca of Milan. With two nights in the “eternal city” of Rome, there are unending possibilities to explore this ancient yet modern city. Your Tour Director can point you in the right direction to discover the best eateries, sights, and museums. Reserve your excursions in advance on MyAccount, or tap your CosmosGO mobile app for a wealth of information in Rome.
You’ll travel to the lovely Tuscan countryside to Grosseto to stroll through its charming piazza and indulge in pizza and gelato. Spend time in the village of Bolgheri for traditional Italian fare and wine before staying the night in the charming seaside town of Marina di Cecina. Discover the stunning seaside villages of Cinque Terre by train and ask your Tour Director for suggestions on shopping and culinary treats. Next stop is the colorful seaport of Genoa. Take an optional tour to explore its narrow streets for a Genovese lunch before heading for the fashion mecca of Milan. Your CosmosGO app will guide you to the boutiques and bars along the Navigli canals, and your Tour Director will recommend the best eateries and sights to enjoy. The day is yours to plan—perhaps an optional culinary walking tour. The possibilities are endless on your Cosmos Lite Italy holiday. With seamless travel and accommodation arrangements taken care of, you’ll love the freedom of planning each day to do as much or as little as you like.
Travel Dates: From 20/10/2019 to 27/10/2019
Duration: 8 days
- Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
1 ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY.
Settle into your hotel before exploring the famed Spanish Steps and romantic Trevi Fountain. Your CosmosGO app can guide you to the highlights of the Eternal City. Ask your Tour Director for expert recommendations to make the most of your time in Rome.
Today is yours to explore Rome as you please. You may decide to visit the famous sights like the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, or go off the beaten path to discover local sidewalks and secrets. Your Tour Director can suggest plenty of haunts and hideaways, or you might opt to reserve your spot on a guided tour of the Vatican with MyACCOUNT. (B)
3 ROME - GROSSETO - BOLGHERI - MARINA DI CECINA.
Visit the friendly, laid-back town of Grosseto, where you can stroll through the beautiful piazza to see its cathedral and try one of the many cafes. (Your Tour Director knows the best ones!) You'll also have time in Bolgheri, a lovely little village where good food and wine are a way of life. Tonight you'll stay in a chaming Italian seaside resort town, Marina di Cecina. (B)
4 MARINA DI CECINA.
Relax on the beach or take a walk along the centuries-old pine tree forest skirting the Etruscan Riviera. Another option is to book a trip to discover the walled city of Monte Riggioni and San Gimignano, also known as the "medieval Manhattan." To enhance your experience, a wine tasting is included. (B)
5 MARINA DI CECINA - LA SPEZIA - CINQUE TERRE - GENOA.
After greeting the day in Marina di Cecina, you'll travel north to La Spezia. Hop aboard a train to discover Cinque Terre, a car-free, colourful string of five fishing villages. Ask your Tour Director the best way to soak up the charm of these spectacular landscapes before travelling on to Genoa-former Maritime Republic and birthplace of Christopher Columbus. (B)
6 GENOA - MILAN.
What better place to relax than in Italy's most colourful seaport? Explore the maze of narrow streets of Genoa's medieval Caruggi district on our optional guided tour with a typical Genovese lunch. Later, head to Milan, where an orientation drive introduces you to the city. (B)
A day at leisure in the fashion and design capital of the world. Today's a perfect day to use your CosmosGO mobile app to seek out famous shops of the fashion district (Quadrilatero della Moda), boutiques, and bars along the beautiful Navigli canals. Your Tour Director can guide you on how to enjoy the fast-paced city of Milan at your own speed with dining and shopping recommendations just for you. Indulge in the local cuisine by joining an optional walking tour. (B)
Your personally tailored holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..