Jewels of Italy Winter 201819
Explore Italy's sophisticated capitals of Venice, Florence and Rome - the beautiful cobblestone squares, centuries' old tradition and historic highlights like the mighty Colosseum, Leaning Tower of Pisa and spectacular Duomo must-visits on your open-air museum tour of this fascinating destination.
Travel Dates: From 31/03/2019 to 13/04/2019
Duration: 7 days
Company: CostSaver by Trafalgar
- Dining Highlights
6 Buffet breakfasts
2 Three course dinners
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
Luxury air-conditioned coach
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Variety of Optional Experiences
An expert Travel Director and separate driver
All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day
- Conditions apply
Arrive Rome (2 Nights)
Welcome to Rome. After check-in, relax and unwind. Later meet with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. This evening consider a stroll around this fascinating ancient city and mingle with the locals in beautiful squares with stunning architecture.
Rome Sightseeing and Free Time
Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour with a visit to the Vatican City. Visit the awe-inspiring St. Peter's Basilica and view Michelangelo's statue, the Pietà. Don't miss the opportunity to join an Optional Experience to visit inside the famous Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. View the mighty Colosseum and see the ancient sites of Rome. Afterwards enjoy free time to take in the sights or join an Optional Experience to explore the Pantheon and Piazza Navona.
Rome – Pisa – Florence (2 Nights)
This morning leave Rome and head north towards Central Italy. Travel through picturesque scenery in Umbria and Tuscany before arriving in the town of Pisa. Visit the Square of Miracles featuring the Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery. There is time to shop for souvenirs and take pictures. Later arrive at your hotel near Florence, birthplace of the Renaissance.
Florence Sightseeing and Free Time
There are few cities in the world with an artistic legacy to equal that of Florence. Your Local Specialist gives a superb commentary of the city's history during your walking tour, which includes views of the Baptistery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the impressive Giotto's Bell Tower and a visit to Piazza della Signoria. Experience a demonstration of fine leatherwork with time to explore on your own. Shop for high-quality leather and 18-carat gold jewellery for which Florence is renowned and don't forget to try the gelato. Later enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Florence – Verona – Venice (Mestre) (2 Nights)
Your journey continues north across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to Verona, the home of Shakespeare's star-crossed lovers. View the vast Roman Arena, where concerts are still held regularly each year. Stop and view Juliet's balcony in a courtyard which has become a popular tourist site for the tragic story of the Montague and Capulet family feud. Head east to the magical, romantic city of Venice.
Venice Orientation and Free Time
Watch the Venetian craftsmen at work creating local specialities at a glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island. Then cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square in the heart of Venice. Admire the Bridge of Sighs, the ornate Doge's Palace and the Byzantine Basilica of St. Mark. Spend free time afterwards exploring this fascinating city or perhaps take a cruise across the lagoon to the island of Burano for a relaxing farewell dinner. Burano is an island in the Venetian lagoon known for its brightly coloured houses.
Depart Venice (Mestre)
This morning say 'arrivederci' to Italy, your Travel Director and newfound friends at the end of an unforgettable holiday. Transfers are available to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Conditions apply.
Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral and Piazza della Signoria
Pisa Visit the Square of Miracles to view the Leaning Tower
Rome Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter's Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark's Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet's Balcony
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..