Sail Italy: Amalfi to Procida
Cast adrift along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast and travel to the glittering jewels of the region - Amalfi, Capri, and Procida. Visit the home of mythical sirens, the ancient holiday homes of great Roman emperors and the spectacular Blue Grotto. Hike along historic trails past olive groves, vineyards, lemon orchards and charming villages; dive into the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean; and sample mouthwatering Italian regional cuisine on this remarkable Amalfi sailing adventure.
Travel Dates: From 24/09/2019 to 02/10/2020
Duration: 4 days
Departing From: Amalfi
- Step back in time among the olive groves, ancient villages and medieval architecture of Amalfi
- This town retains a rustic charm that makes it a unique location to explore
Explore the caves of Capri’s Grotta Azzura and swim in the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean
If it was good enough to be the holiday destination of Roman emperors, the idyllic city of Capri is good enough for anyone
- With its boutique shops and Limoncello culture, Capri oozes exclusivity
Let the soothing sounds of the waves nurse you to sleep at night aboard the comfort of a yacht
With its pastel buildings and tranquil marina, the town of Procida is a great place to relax by the sea or explore on foot
- It provides you with the best of both worlds
Taste some of the freshest seafood in the world, which is fished from the coast every single morning
Overnight boat (3 nts)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 8
Day 1: Amalfi
Welcome to Amalfi, Italy. Your adventure begins with a group meeting at 1pm today. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. The first port of call is then the local supermarket to buy supplies for your trip as a group. If you have any special dietary requirements, please make sure you notify us at the time of booking so we can accommodate your requests. The rest of the day is free to discover the town of Amalfi and its surrounds. Perhaps check out the medieval architecture of the cathedral of Sant'Andrea and convent of the Cappuccini. You may like to take a walk along narrow trails through olive groves, vineyards and ancient villages. The trails are steep and have many stairs, but offer spectacular views over the ocean. In the evening, partake in an optional group meal of local seafood and gelato. You'll spend tonight aboard the boat. Notes: The beauty of sailing is that each day is unique and, while we have a destination to reach, if the weather changes or something takes the group’s fancy, we are flexible on the day's itinerary. The itinerary is subject to change and may vary depending on weather and berth availability. Your skipper will make the final call to ensure your safety at all times.
Day 2: Capri
Today set sail to the Isle of Capri, once home to the magnificent holiday palaces of the Roman emperors. After we arrive in Capri, there is an opportunity to take an optional excursion in a small motorboat and circumnavigate the Isle of Capri. View the island and its impressive cliffs and many grottos; visit the green, white and of course the famous Blue Grotto. To enter the Blue Grotto you will need to switch to a smaller row boat and although swimming in the grotto isn’t permitted, there’s a small platform close by where you can take a dip. After this there will time to catch the bus to the Town of Capri or visit the Hillside town of Annacapri. If you head to Anacapri, it's worth visiting the Villa San Michele - the former home to a Swedish doctor that's built on the ruins of a Roman villa. Make your way to Capri Town by the Phoenician Steps (Scala Fenicia), which is a long, steep stairway that links the towns of Capri and Anacapri. A moderate level of fitness and comfortable shoes are required if you decide to climb the steps. Note: Please note that access to the grotto will be closed if sea conditions are considered too rough.
Day 3: Procida
This morning we will travel to Procida. If the conditions are right we can visit one of the quieter beaches of Pozzo Vecchio. Located in a horseshoe shaped bay, the beach is sheltered from the wind and waves and is famous locally for being the scene of the film the “The Postman”. If the conditions are right we can swim off the back of the boat. On the way back to the Main Marina, we sail past Marina Della Corricella and see one of the most photographed parts of this island. Tonight, enjoy a final group dinner, in town, of rabbit stew or seafood, local wine and Limoncello.
Day 4: Procida
Your Amalfi Coast sailing adventure comes to an end at 11am today. Your skipper can assist you with directions to the ferry terminal for your return to the mainland or, if you've decided to stay on an extra couple of nights, your hotel. **Got extra time? For a more encompassing sailing experience why not consider our 7 day Amalfi Sailing Adventure? For more information enter trip code ZSRAC**
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 27 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..