Sail Italy: Procida to Amalfi
Set sail across the sparkling waters of the Mediterranean on an Amalfi Coast Sailing adventure. Cast off from the oldest island in the Bay of Naples, Procida, which has featured in a number of films thanks to its pastel-coloured houses and quaint, atmospheric streets. Explore the medieval fortress Castello Aragonese near the vibrant island of Ischia and bathe in ocean hot springs. View original artefacts from Pompeii at the Archeological Museum in Naples before roaming through the 2,000-year-old city itself, and end the adventure on a high – on a cliff top in Amalfi, gazing out across the azure seas and bright blue skies.
Travel Dates: From 04/05/2019 to 24/09/2019
Duration: 4 days
Departing From: Procida
- Among the pastel-hued houses of tranquil Procida, you’ll really feel like you’ve wandered off the beaten track
Visit the ancient Roman town of Pompeii, which emerged from the ashes after thousands of years, and take a peak inside the steaming crater of the volcano that destroyed it
Stroll through the flourishing countryside of the Amalfi Coast and pick olives straight from the tree
This region is a haven for seafood, views and relaxation
- With the free time that's afforded on this trip, you're able to explore the coast's famous cuisine, find the ideal picture-postcard views and float along at your own leisure
The stunning landscape of the Sorrentine Peninsula is a picturesque blend of coastlines, volcanoes and distinctive islands
Overnight boat (3 nts)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 8
Day 1: Procida/Ischia
Welcome to Procida, Italy, a tiny island off the coast of Naples. Your adventure begins today with a group meeting at 3 pm. We'll be collecting insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you bring these details to provide to your leader. The first port of call is then the local supermarket to buy supplies for your trip as a group. If you have any special dietary requirements, please make sure you notify us at the time of booking so we can accommodate your requests. If you have time in the morning, explore the Mediterranean city of Procida. Perhaps see the walled medieval town of Terra Murata or the charming port of Corricella. Head to the boat for a gentle introduction to life on-board and sail the short distance west to the largest of the Phlegraean Islands, Ischia. In contrast to Procida, it’s the largest island in the Bay of Naples. ***The beauty of sailing is that each day is unique and, while we have a destination to reach, if the weather changes or something takes the group’s fancy, we are flexible on the day's itinerary***
Day 2: Ischia - Sorrento
Spend the morning and early afternoon in Ischia. Perhaps visit Spiaggia dei Pescatori, which is an idyllic beach nestled between Ischia Porto and Ischia Ponte. The beach offers a great view of Castello Aragonese, a 15th-century medieval castle. In the afternoon set sail for Sorrento, which offers panoramic views of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. Sorrento has a steady stream of visitors, peaking in the summer months. Tonight you’ll have the opportunity to try one of Sorrento's well-known exports – Limoncello. This a liqueur produced from locally-grown Femminello Santa Teresa lemons.
Day 3: Sorrento - Pompeii
Today you have the option to visit the abandoned city of Pompeii, a Roman settlement that was frozen in time when Mount Vesuvius erupted. Well-preserved buildings, artwork and pottery offer a glimpse into the lives of the ancient Romans. There’s also an option to hire a private guide for the ruins, as the site could easily be explored over an entire day due to sheer size and content (the additional cost of a private guide will be split between the group). Another possible activity is a visit to the Mount Vesuvius National Park. Reach the volcano by taking a public bus (approximately 30 minutes) and then a short walk (200 metres), which requires a moderate level of fitness. Although it's not an overly strenuous walk, if you have any health issues you may want to run this past your doctor before leaving home. At 1,200 metres, it will be a lot colder than sea level so you'll need to bring a fleece, rain coat, hat, sunscreen, good walking shoes and lots of water with you. The return trip should take approximately three hours. Notes: The cost of your entry ticket to Mount Vesuvius will include the services of a volcanology guide and, if you're lucky enough to visit on a clear day, you'll have incredible views over the Bay of Naples and into the crater. Although Mt Vesuvius is still considered to be an active volcano, the last eruption was in 1944 and there's no sign of lava. If you plan to visit many archaeological sites while in the Amalfi region, you should consider purchasing a Campania Arte card annual pass. For details please refer to www.campaniartecard.it/en
Day 4: Amalfi
Set sail for the Amalfi Coast, a collection of rocky coastlines, tiered lemon groves and whitewashed villages clinging to steep cliffs, passing the Sirenusas (Gallos) archipelago to the east of the Sorrentine Peninsula on the way. Your sailing adventure comes to an end on the Amalfi Coast today at around 10 am. After a final breakfast together you’re free to depart, although we recommend staying a few additional nights in Amalfi for further exploration. Your skipper can assist you with directions to the ferry terminal or to your hotel if you’re staying on. **Got extra time? For a more encompassing sailing experience why not consider our 7 day Amalfi Sailing Adventure? For more information enter trip code ZSRAC**
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 March 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..