Escape to Sicily for seven days of beauty, cuisine, and history—without the crowds you’d find in the high-season. Begin in Palermo and meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. Spend the following day on a guided sightseeing tour of Palermo’s ornate Piazza Bellini and Capo Market. See the stunning baroque features of the Church of the Immacolata, and visit the historic Palermo Cathedral. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Conca d’Oro in Monreale, and visit the 12th-century Norman Cathedral with its treasured byzantine mosaics.
Walk through the 24-centuries-old Valley of the Temples with your Local Guide in Agrigento, visit Piazza Armerina’s Villa Romana del Casale to admire the world’s largest collection of Roman mosaics. In Syracuse, the birthplace of mathematician Archimedes, you’ll take a guided visit to the archaeological site of the 5th-century-BC Greek Theater, Garden of Paradise, Ear of Dionysus, Altar of Hieron II, Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmaker’s Cave. Travel to Catania, where you’ll sample Sicily’s famous Arancino, and spend two nights on the spectacular Taormina Riviera, your base for a fascinating excursion to Mount Etna—the largest active volcano in Europe. Explore Taormina, and complete your Sicilian Escape with a fabulous farewell dinner at a local restaurant. You’ll treasure the time spent exploring Sicily’s famous sights and stunning scenery—without the crowds of the busy travel season on this spectacular guided tour of Sicily!
Travel Dates: From 03/11/2019 to 07/12/2019
- Default highlight
Breakfasts Included: 6
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 3
1 ARRIVE IN PALERMO, ITALY.
Welcome to Palermo! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Guided sightseeing features the ornate Piazza Bellini, Capo Market, the baroque Church of the Immacolata, and a visit to the CATHEDRAL. In Monreale, enjoy a panoramic view of the Conca d'Oro and a visit to the 12th-century NORMAN CATHEDRAL, famous for its 50,000 square feet (1525 sqaure metres) of precious Byzantine mosaics. (B)
Arrive in Agrigento, where your Local Guide will take you for a spectacular walk through the magnificent VALLEY OF TEMPLES. Even Travellers who have visited Athens and Delphi are awed by the gigantic yet graceful Greek structures that miraculously survived 24 centuries of tormented history. (B,D)
4 AGRIGENTO-PIAZZA ARMERINA-SYRACUSE.
Drive to Piazza Armerina and visit the impressive VILLA ROMANA DEL CASALE, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Admire the largest and most complex collection of Roman mosaics in the world, including the famous "bikini girls." Stay overnight in Syracuse, birthplace of the mathematician Archimedes. (B)
5 SYRACUSE-CATANIA-TAORMINA RIVIERA.
Enter the ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE for a guided visit of the 5th-century-BC Greek Theater, the Garden of Paradise, the Ear of Dionysus, the Altar of Hieron II, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Cordmaker's Cave. Continue to Catania and enjoy some free time in its historic centre. You will be treated to an ARANCINO TASTING. An arancino is a fried stuffed rice ball, one of Sicily's most famous street foods. Spend the next two nights on the Taormina Riviera. (B)
6 TAORMINA RIVIERA.
In the morning, enjoy an included excursion to MOUNT ETNA, the largest active volcano in Europe, followed by an orientation of hill-top Taormina. In the evening, a farewell dinner awaits at a local restaurant, the proper way to say, "Arrivederci, Sicilia!" (B,D)
7 TAORMINA RIVIERA.
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Catania.) (B
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..