Singapore Explorer Summer 2020
A stylish stopover in a city that boasts an effortless fusion of Chinese, Malay, Indian and Peranakan cultures that have infused the local cuisine and traditions.
Travel Dates: From 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020
Duration: 4 days
- Dining Highlights
First class travel Highlights
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
Optional Experiences and free time
All porterage and restaurant gratuities
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
ARRIVE SINGAPORE (3 NIGHTS)
Embark on an exotic sojourn to the stylish island nation of Singapore - a multi-cultural business hub and ever-expanding green city. On arrival at Singapore Changi Airport you will be met and transferred to your centrally located hotel.
Launch your city tour at the Raffles Landing Site, where Sir Stamford Raffles is believed to have first stepped ashore in 1819 in search of a new trading port for the British East India Company. Stroll through the heart of Singapore, admiring the landmarks that reveal the city's colonial heritage, including the former Parliament House, the Victoria Theatre, originally built as the Town Hall in 1862, and the Old Supreme Court Building. 'Dive Into Culture' next with visits to Chinatown and Little India, delving into their rich traditions and savouring the exotic smells, sights and sound that emanate from its bustling streets and shopfronts. Your final stop today will be to the UNESCO-listed Singapore Botanic Gardens where you'll enjoy a leisurely walk through the National Orchid Garden featuring a sprawling display of 60,000 orchids. This evening perhaps consider joining our Optional Night Safari.
There are few things more important to the local Singaporeans than food and you'll discover this as you 'Dive Into Culture' and spend the morning sampling the city's culinary delights that reflect its multi-cultural influences, including Chinese, Malay, Indian and Peranakan. Rub shoulders with the locals at Geylang Serai market, which lies at the heart of the Malay community. Here you can indulge in all-time Singaporean favourites like Roti Prata and Thosai taken with a frothy glass of Teh Tarik. Continue to the Joo Chiat and Katong enclave, strolling past its pastel-hued pre-war shophouses. With a bit of luck, you may come across the popiah masters who stand over hot griddles twirling dollops of dough in mid-air to make paper-thin wrappers for fresh spring rolls. This evening consider joining our 'Night Out at Marina Bay' Optional Experience to enjoy the Rhapsody of Lights Show at Gardens by the Bay and views of Singapore from the Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck.
Your brief encounter with Singapore at its end, take a transfer to Singapore Changi Airport for your onward flight.
CITY TOUR of Singapore
VISIT the Singapore Botanic Gardens
SEE the Parliament House, the Victoria Theatre and the Old Supreme Court Building
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..