BEST OF SOUTH AFRICA WITH VICTORIA FALLS
From historical sites to natural wonders, your tour of South Africa and Victoria Falls is an adventure like no other. You’ll begin in Johannesburg’s Soweto Township to learn about its turbulent past and hopeful future. Visit the thought-provoking Apartheid Museum and Mandela House, located in the former neighborhood of Nobel Peace Prize winners, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela.
Your escorted African vacation continues through some of the world’s most sweeping and dramatic landscapes on your way to Kruger National Park area. Marvel at God’s Window (a forested ravine and majestic cliffs), and the stunning cascades of Lisbon and Berlin Falls. Your guided African safari begins in the Kruger park area with morning and afternoon game drives through the homes of the big cats, giraffe, cheetah, hyena, gazelle, and more. You’ll visit Cape Town and ascend to Table Mountain via cable car for spectacular views. On boulders Beach, you’ll observe a colony of endangered penguins, then venture to Cape Point Nature Reserve, the Cape of Good Hope, and Cape Point at the continent’s most southwestern tip.
In Zimbabwe, stand in awe as you witness and hear the roar of stunning Victoria Falls, the world’s largest falls and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Your tour to Victoria Falls and South Africa is an adventure into historic heritage and wilderness wonder of this spectacular part of the continent.
Destination: South Africa
Travel Dates: From 27/10/2019 to 06/11/2019
Duration: 11 days
- Breakfasts Included: 10
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 3
Breakfasts Included: 10
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 3
1 ARRIVE IN JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA.
Welcome to Africa! Your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.
Today's sightseeing starts with a visit to SOWETO (South Western Township), the largest township in the country. Soweto is a part of South Africa's turbulent past, but this multicultural area is also a reflection of today and hope for tomorrow. Along the way, see the neighbourhood that was home to two Nobel Peace Prize winners: Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Gain some perspective of life here at MANDELA HOUSE, where Nelson Mandela lived from 1946 to around 1960, when he was forced underground to elude arrest. After lunch, visit the unforgettable APARTHEID MUSEUM to learn about the founding of South Africa before delving into the apartheid era. Using photos, video, and print, the museum takes you on an extraordinary journey through the apartheid years to the 1994 democratic elections that named Nelson Mandela president. (B,L)
3 JOHANNESBURG-KRUGER NATIONAL PARK AREA.
Depart Johannesburg and explore the PANORAMIC ROUTE known for its dramatic landscapes. Along the way, see GOD'S WINDOW, the LISBON FALLS, and BERLIN FALLS. Continue on to the Kruger National Park area. (B,D)
4 KRUGER AREA.
Rise between 5 am and 5:30 am for coffee and tea before your EARLY MORNING GAME DRIVE with an experienced guide. If the timing is right, you might spot some of the big cats after a night of hunting. Spend some time at leisure in the middle of the day. Perhaps book a spa treatment or simply relax at the pool. Be sure to watch for kudu, impala, giraffe, cheetah, spotted hyena, and more on your AFTERNOON GAME DRIVE. As darkness descends, your guide will bring out a spotlight to help you spot nocturnal animals. Return to your lodge for dinner. (B,L,D)
5 KRUGER AREA.
Like day 4. (B,L,D)
6 KRUGER AREA-CAPE TOWN.
Enjoy some time at leisure this morning before flying to beautiful Cape Town. (B)
7 CAPE TOWN.
Today, enjoy a full day of sightseeing, starting with a CABLECAR RIDE (weather permitting) up Table Mountain for stunning views of the city and its surroundings. Next, visit Boulders Beach where you will see a COLONY OF ENDANGERED AFRICAN PENGUINS, known for the unique sound they make. After free time for lunch, continue on to CAPE POINT NATURE RESERVE for stops at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point, the southwesternmost point on the African continent. Here, take a FUNICULAR RIDE to the steps of the old lighthouse for spectacular panoramic views. On your return journey back to Cape Town, skirt the rocky coastline as you ascend Chapman's Peak Drive, one of the most spectacular drives in the world. Enjoy the evening at your leisure. (B) NOTE: Each year, generally in early August, the Table Mountain cableway closes for yearly maintenance. During this time, we will visit Signal Hill for views over the city.
8 CAPE TOWN.
Enjoy a full day at leisure for your own discoveries. Perhaps explore the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, take an excursion to the stunning Cape winelands for wine tasting, or cruise to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in prison. Your Tour Director has suggestions to help you make the most of your day. (B)
9 CAPETOWN-VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE.
Today, leave South Africa and fly north to Zimbabwe. This evening, enjoy a CRUISE on the Zambezi River, which affords you a great opportunity to photograph wildlife and a spectacular African sunset! (B)
10 VICTORIA FALLS.
Today, visit mighty VICTORIA FALLS for an aweinspiring experience. Enjoy a GUIDED WALK, where you will learn the history of the falls and hear fascinating details about the surrounding flora and fauna. (B) NOTE: During the dry season (Sept.-Dec.), and during particularly dry years, water flow to Victoria Falls may be low.
11 VICTORIA FALLS- JOHANNESBURG-DEPARTURE.
Your tour ends with a flight back to Johannesburg to connect with your homebound flight. Book homebound flights after 5:30 pm. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 October 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..