Bite-size Break Bangkok
Take a bite out of Bangkok on this culinary spree through the bustling city. Sample famous pork satay sticks, amble through traders selling pineapples, mangoes and hand-cut noodles at the morning market, and learn how to up your veggie patch game at a local farming co-op. This bite-sized break is the spicy, savoury, salty and sweet entree to the main event.
Travel Dates: From 19/08/2018 to 01/01/2019
Duration: 2 days
- Munch on Bangkok’s most famous, and delicious, pork satay sticks
Sip on a traditional Thai-style coffee, topped up with condensed milk
Wander through Bangkok’s fragrant markets
Pick veggies with farmers for a home-cooked lunch at a local co-op
Breakfasts Included: 1
Lunches Included: 1
Dinners Included: 1
Hotel (1 nt)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 4
Bangkok - China Town Food Crawl
Bangkok - Market Breakfast
Day 1: Bangkok
Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Bangkok, Thailand. Your adventure begins with a Welcome Meeting at 3pm on Day 1. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask the hotel reception where it will take place. Start this Bite-size Break with a ferry ride to Ratchawong Pier along the Chao Phraya river, then set off on a food crawl through one of the most dynamic dining destinations in the city, Yaowarat (aka Bangkok's Chinatown). With bright neon signs, a sea of red plastic chairs and precariously balanced street food stalls with smoking cauldrons of stock and sizzling barbeques, Bangkok's Chinatown comes into its own in the evening. Stop past the city's oldest Chinese coffee shop (more than 80 years old!). Then hop from stall to stall, tasting your way through classics such as pork satay, famous fried flat noodles - and, of course, pad thai, probably the most famous of all Thai/Chinese fusion dishes. Wash it all down with a refreshing glass of ginseng tea or an icy cold Singha beer. At the end of your feast, stay and explore or catch a tuk tuk back to the hotel.
Day 2: Bangkok
Head to the 'wet' market for typical Bangkok breakfast fare, including khao mun ghai (rice with chicken), khao moo daeng (rice with roast pork) and khanom bueang (Thai crispy pancakes). After breakfast, your leader will guide you around the market, introducing the core ingredients of Thai cuisine. Take a taxi to an orchard on the outskirts of Bangkok (approx. 20-30 mins). The orchard is operated by seven farming families according to organic principals. Take a tour of the farm and learn about local suburban agriculture. Collect some vegetables and fruit from the orchards for a cooking demonstration, followed by lunch. Say goodbye to your hosts and take a taxi back to the city. This Bite-size Break finishes at approximately 3 pm at the hotel. Please advise your booking agent if you wish to book additional accommodation.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 August 2018 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..