A city like no other, Dubai is the story of the little fishing village that could, and of a city that has made it big – at least as far as opulence and grandeur is concerned. Discover man-made islands sculpted into the shapes of palms and a tower so high it is almost a kilometre tall. Explore the heritage area of Bastakiya, wander the spice and gold souqs, and see more supercars in one day than you’re likely to see in a year as you walk the streets of this desert town.
Destination: United Arab Emirates
Travel Dates: From 16/09/2019 to 30/12/2020
Duration: 3 days
- Discover a centuries-old fortification at the Al Fahidi Fort
Walk the wide, clean city streets as you gaze in awe at the vast array of skyscrapers
Learn about the history of Dubai with a visit to the Bastakiya district’s Dubai Museum
Wander the colourful Gold & Spice Souk with a local guide
Travel across Dubai Creek in a traditional 'Abra'
Breakfasts Included: 2
Age: min 12
Group Size: 1 - 12
Dubai - City Tour (Half Day)
Day 1: Dubai
Ahlan Wa Sahlan! Welcome to the United Arab Emirates. The largest city in the UAE is well known for its plethora of wealth and opulence (a vending machine for gold, anyone?), but it’s also known for its history and culture. On arrival into Dubai Airport please clear customs and collect your luggage before locating your private transfer representative (if you have pre-booked this service). Otherwise the quickest and easiest way to get to the hotel is by metro, check out our joining instructions for further advice. The rest of the day is free to spend as you wish. Maybe head out for some retail therapy. The Metro is a simple and convenient way to experience some of the other iconic sights such as the Burj Khalifa, or the impressive Dubai Fountain show at night!
Day 2: Dubai
Explore Dubai with a half-day tour of the city, beginning around 9 am at your hotel. Take a guided walk and enjoy a local experience, forget the large tour buses we explore on foot and using the local metro. Although vast swathes of Dubai are now transformed with contemporary architecture into a modern and luxurious city, traces of the historic town that existed 40 years ago can still be found in some parts. The ‘Traditional Dubai City Tour’ will take you on a cultural journey through time into mini mazes of wind- towered buildings, narrow lanes and meandering pathways of the lively souks and a scenic ride on the traditional Abra boat. Visit the heritage area of Bastakiya and 225 year old Fort Al Fahidi, experience real Arabic coffee at the coffee museum, smell the amazing aromas of the spice souk and visit the old souk and see the biggest ring. This afternoon you may want to consider an optional desert safari into the golden sand dunes of Arabia. R This activity is operated on a share basis and you will be with other travellers. The desert safari also does include some dune racing. You can book this safari with your local guide this morning or with your booking agent prior to travel.Please remember that a more conservative dress code applies for some sights.
Day 3: Dubai
There are no activities planned for the final day and this trip finishes after breakfast. If you wish to extend you stay in Dubai please speak to your booking agent about additional post tour accommodation.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..