With Hawaiian Airlines touching down in Auckland yesterday for the first time since 1990, it’s got the team at Flight Centre extremely excited about travelling to Hawaii and the United States – particularly New York City!
We've put together our top tips of things to do and see when you’re in the Big Apple.
- Get a subway pass – it will save you time and money and it’s a great way to get around the city
- The Empire State Building is a must-do. Try and get there before 11am to avoid the queues, it also helps to buy your tickets online in advance so you just have to collect them when you arrive
- Check out the Statue of Liberty. The Staten Island Ferry is free, but if you want a ferry ride that will get you the best views of the Statue of Liberty, try the Circle Line Boat Rides
- A Broadway show is an absolute must. There is a ticket office called TKTS Discount Booth in Time Square and they sell discounted tickets on the day of the shows
- Central Park is an essential visit for New York holidays. Take a walk or cycle through Central Park in the morning. Even better - find a local food store and buy a couple of fresh New York bagels and a coffee to take with you so you can have a picnic
- Do a food cart tour – they offer a bit of history on the food cards, how they started and what they do
- Treat yourself to a nice dinner at the View Restaurant. It’s at the top of the Marriot Marquis hotel in Times Square and is a revolving restaurant offering the best views of Times Square
- Make time to wander around the different neighbourhoods, From Soho to the Meatpacking District and East Village, they’re all very unique in their own way. Stop for a slice of authentic New York pizza while you’re at it.
If this has whetted your appetite on a holiday in the Big Apple, Flight Centre and Woman's Day magazine are offering one lucky couple the chance to WIN a trip to New York!
The competition includes return flights to New York for 2 people, five nights accommodation, a Sex & The City tour and $500 spending money.
To be in to win enter our New York competition before 5pm Sunday 07 April 2013.
Need more information on holidays in New York? Contact a Flight Centre travel expert - 135 stores nationwide. Phone 0800 24 35 44.