King Tutankhamun - 10 Days
From 2021-04-23 to 2022-12-30
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
5 nights 4-5 star hotels, 2 nights aboard felucca (open deck).
If booking our Nile Cruise Upgrade: 4 nights 4-5 star hotels and 3 nights 5 star Nile Cruiser (en suite cabin).
2 overnight trains from Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 10.
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Aswan and Luxor.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Itinerary / more information
Day 1 - Cairo Friday. Welcome to Egypt! On arrival at the airport you’ll be transferred to our hotel. Enjoy the rest of today at leisure, or those arriving early may wish to book our Backstreets of Cairo tour which visits lesser known highlights of the capital including Tahrir Square, the hub of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.
You may also extend your stay in Cairo with our pre or post tour Alexandria Day Trip.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Discover Egypt’s main attraction today as we visit the incredible Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. The largest of the pyramids, Cheops, was the tallest man-made building on Earth for 3,800 years. Experts still can’t agree how the ancient Egyptians constructed the pyramids with their limited technology - it remains a mystery. A stop will be made at a government supervised papyrus emporium, then we will continue to the necropolis of Saqqara, home to the famous Pyramid of Zhoser. This ancient monument dates back to around 2700BC and is surrounded by countless tombs and burial sites. After our tour, we return to Cairo for the evening.
Day 3 - Cairo Cairo - Aswan. Today we visit the new Grand Egyptian Museum, which houses a giant exhibition containing the treasures of King Tutankhamun. Many pieces on show are being displayed for the first time and artefacts have been brought together from across Egypt and the world to this one fantastic location. The museum also makes use of new technology including virtual reality. Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020. An official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum this morning.
There is time to relax before we board the night train to Aswan this evening.
Day 4 - Aswan We arrive in Aswan and visit the beautiful Philae Temple this afternoon. Take a leisurely boat trip to Agilkia Island in the Nile and explore the site, which is dedicated to the goddess Isis. Our last stop today is the perfume oil emporium, where the use of essential and perfumed oils in Egypt dates back to 2700BC. Enjoy free time this evening to explore Aswan’s vibrant market and shop in the bustling souqs.
Day 5 - Aswan Aswan - Nile felucca cruise. This morning there’s an optional excursion to Abu Simbel. This famous temple of King Ramses II is guarded by 4 colossal statues of the great pharaoh himself. Later, we board our traditional felucca for a 2 night cruise down the mighty Nile. If sailing by felucca is not your style, consider upgrading to a 5 star luxury Nile Cruise, please see the tab above for prices. For more information about Nile Cruising please click here.
Day 6 - Felucca Cruise Nile felucca cruise - Kom Ombo. Relax and sunbathe on deck or go for a swim as our felucca sails to Kom Ombo. We’ll explore the famous symmetrical temple, dedicated to the crocodile god Sobek and the falcon god Horus before we return to the felucca and continue our journey downriver.
Day 7 - Luxor Kom Ombo - Luxor. This morning we disembark our felucca and drive to ancient Luxor, where the rest of today is at leisure. There's an optional excursion to Luxor Temple tonight, when the site is beautifully illuminated by hundreds of lights.
Day 8 - Luxor Luxor - Cairo. Today we visit the famous Valley of the Kings to explore some of the lavishly decorated tombs of important pharaohs. Our tour will also take us to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the giant Colossi of Memnon. Admire these two towering statues of King Amenhotep III before we continue to Karnak Temple this afternoon. Stroll down the Avenue of Sphinxes and marvel at the towering pillars of Hypostyle Hall as we explore this gigantic complex. The site took more than 1,500 years to complete and around 30 different pharaohs contributed to it in some way. This evening, we board the night train and return to Cairo.
Day 9 - Cairo Arrive in Cairo this morning for a free day to explore Egypt’s bustling capital. Visit the famous Khan el Khalili bazaar or admire the imposing Citadel of Saladin.
Day 10 - Cairo Sunday. Our Egyptian adventure comes to an end today with an included departure transfer to the airport.
Add a beach break! If you like this holiday though would prefer a few lazy days at the Red Sea by the beach at the end, consider our 13 day King Ramses tour.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
Tell us about your travel plans